Pressure release valves on C02 regulator and keg coupler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure release valves on C02 regulator and keg coupler

Im a newby, got my first kegerator and everything is hooked up properly and sealed. I only drink Coors light, and have read PSI should be about 14-16psi for the c02.

I just am confused as when trying to get to the specific PSI pressure, when I need to release the pressure release valves on either/both the c02 regulator, and coupler to keg. Should I always bleed out any air completely from the keg coupler pressure release valve, so there is no air in the keg, therefore not making the beer go flat???

Should I set the PSI to specific point before or after I tap the keg? And if suppose to be after I tap the keg, do I release pressure valve on regulator before I try to set to specific PSI, or set the gauge to the reccommended PSI (14-16PSI) and then bleed pressure and readjust.

I just don't want to ruin the keg of beer, by bleeding any air what so ever completely in the keg, so it don't go flat? IS that the rule, never ever have any air, if there is air, always bleed it out completely of the keg and then readjust the regulator gauge ?

Hope I can get some insight/advice.

There is no air in the keg, it is CO2. You do not bleed it, that pressure is what is keeping the beer properly carbonated and also pushing it out of the keg. You determine the applied pressure by using the volumes of CO2 for the beer, the temperature of the beer and a force carbonation chart.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Working...
    X