Stout keg is all foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stout keg is all foam

I have a double tap keg system and my new keg of stout is all heavy foam. The second keg of pale ale is working fine. I switched the kegs to see if it was my line and the pale ale works fine on either line while the stout is just lots of foam on both lines.

When I open the tap I get a thick slow foam followed by very fast foam, the amount varies as I hold the tap open. I can see my beer line from the keg to the tap, it looks like foam in there. As I run the tap it switches to stout colored beer but when I release the tap it goes right back to foam in the line as it moves back to the keg.

I've tried adjustin the gas pressure from 6 psi to 18 psi (I usually just leave it at 12). Temp is at 37 degrees F

With a big bucket I can collect the foam which eventually settles into the stout.

I don't think it's my keg system as I put a different keg on the line and it pours no problem, also put the stout on a second line and it's all crazy foam still.

Could it be that the stout keg is just bad? Does stout need a different pressure? Any advise?

I'd check the keg seal for nicks before I did anything else.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

leave the pressure alone, leave it at what ever pressure runs the pale ale. I agree with DJC, Nicks on the keg seal allow gas to enter the beer line. Other issue, check keg date. Keg may be bad.

Comment

Working...
      X