Danby Kegerator Troubleshooting , Possible pressure issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danby Kegerator Troubleshooting , Possible pressure issue

We have had our Danby Kegerator for a little while now. On set up everything seemed to go very smoothly. We have had about 4 kegs with no issues. When we got the last keg we hooked it up as we did before but when we went to pour the first couple beers it was very hard to pull the handle to get the beer to flow. We checked the pressure gauge and it was at 11. After one of the first couple pours we couldn't close the tap handle and had to quickly get a jug under it as it over flowed. A couple pours later there was such a build up of what we assume is pressure the tap handle broke. The pressure still reads 11 on the gauge. We are getting a new Tap handle today and hoping to get everything back up and running but don't really know where to start with it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what would cause this issue. I hope I explained this right. We are still very new to it
    Thanks

This was the result of beer glue. If you ever let a beer glass sit on a bar top in a puddle of beer till the beer on the bar top drys, it will take both hands to break the seal of dried beer. This happens to your faucet too. You have to keep the faucet cleaned or trade your rear sealing faucet to front sealing which seldom or if ever sticks. When this happens again un-screw the faucet and soak in hot water till the glue dissolves. Go HAWKs

Comment

Thanks so much. We are so new to the fridge. Where do you get a front sealing faucet and how would you change this?

Comment

Based on that question, it is telling me you haven't been disassembling your faucet when you clean. Or maybe even that you haven't been cleaning? In either case, that's an issue. The faucet should be broken down and cleaned as part of your (new) cleaning regimen. It unscrews from the shank - you should see a round collar just behind the body of the faucet with grooves all the way around it, as well as a few holes on the pattern of grooves. The holes accept a faucet wrench, and allow you to remove the faucet. Forward closing faucets can be had from any number of sources, including here on Micromatic's site, Amazon, home brew store, etc. They will say 'forward closing' as one of the features. You want to invest in stainless.
        What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

How often should we be cleaning the faucet. We didn't know the cleaning regime but I have now ordered a faucet wrench

Comment

You should be cleaning the faucet, the coupler and the lines using a product designed for beer lines (aka BLC - beer line cleaner). There are cleaning kits available on this site, and elsewhere. You want the pump bottle set up so you can force cleaner through the shank into the lines. Beer is food, and you need to keep everything sanitary to keep from getting someone sick. People do it at varying frequencies. I do it between kegs if it has been on for longer than a month. If a keg is a quick kill and only on for a couple of weeks, and being replaced with the same thing, I'll just swap the new keg in. If something has been on for 5-6 weeks, I'll break it down and clean it. It is fast and easy.
            What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Thanks so much for the advice! We have it all cleaned however now when we pour the beer the tap doesn

Comment

Working...
              X