Running 2 psi on keg!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running 2 psi on keg!?

I currently have a kegerator I inherited from my father in law, beer temperature is about 39*. Currently I have a short quarter keg of bud light in there, the beer tubing I have is fairly short too. I am getting lots of foam from the keg unless I leave it at just over 2 psi which seems way to low. My wife
    Last edited by Fender24; 12-28-2018, 08:40 PM.

Uncle runs a similar set up same psi states never had a problem, I understand the concept of longer lines more resistance to the tap more psi into keg, however 2 psi currently seems to low and I don
    Last edited by Fender24; 12-28-2018, 08:45 PM.

Comment

2 psi is not a workable pressure. You have balance issues, and do not have control of the variables. About 39 is not a temperature. Fairly short is not a length. You need to know actual numbers, and then apply the proper pressure based on the beer temp and the volumes of CO2 for the beer (2.7 in this instance for BL).
      What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Hey Fender24

To answer your questions, you need to do some due diligence.

1. Measure the length of restriction from the tower to the keg.
        2. Take a proper temperature of the keg. (Pour a glass and put a digital thermometer in it)
        3. Make sure your lines are clean. (Put your finger against the back side of the beer line. If it's foggy at all, you probably need to clean your beer line or get a new line installed.)

Cheers,
        Apex Draft Beer Services

Comment

Working...
        X