Before I go buy the wrong stuff. ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before I go buy the wrong stuff. ...

I'm building a home bar and am at the final stages.... I've got a Marvel kegerator that will be mounted under the bar ... there is an air gap which i plan to use a pvc pipe to mitigate between theslab of granite and kegerator in the cabinet. I picked up a Maxi Panther 3 tap from Micromatic clearance section. The barbs on the bottom are 1/4" according to the spec sheet. the Perlick LowBoy couplers have 1/4" tailpieces that came with them. So according to the beer line calculator it indicates I need 131" of beer line for this setup...? So Im going to have between three taps 30' of 1/4" beer line wrapped up in the back of the kegerator?

So after more reading it seems like I can heat up the end of 3/16" line with a heat gun and shove it over the barbs on the Panther and reduce my total length down to 4' of line. I was looking at the EJ Ultra Barrier Silver tubing

Comment

Definitely 3/16, 1/4 would be like a fire hose. 4' is on the short side, and could very well flow too quickly causing foam. My suggestion would be to plan on 8-10' of line per tap and cut back if the flow is too slow. Very hard to add length later.
      What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Ok, Ill plan on 10ft per tap.

Comment

Working...
        X