Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still having foam issues after installing a tower cooler, what gives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still having foam issues after installing a tower cooler, what gives?

Hey guys, I have been a lurker here for a few months ever since I got a Kegerator. I've read the forums on balancing, and on troubleshooting foam issues so I've gone through my due diligence before posting on here asking for the thousandth time why my beer is foaming. I have the Nostalgia KRS2100, with 5 ft of beer line, and I have a 1/2 barrel of yuengling in it right now. I started the balancing process about 2 weeks ago by getting the second pour beer temp down to 38 exactly with a CALIBRATED thermometer. Then I adjusted the PSI to 13 in accordance with the v/v graph. After all of that was in place and settled(after about a week) it was pouring about a half glass of "1st pour foam". I was okay with this but decided I would install a tower cooler to help completely eliminate the foam. Well, I installed the "cold tower kegerator cooler" from amazon that a lot of people seem to use. I threaded it right up to the spout in the tower, and it seemed to work just fine. Theres insulation in the tower but it still sweats just a little bit. I woke up this morning excited to try it out and now I have CONSTANT foam. I poured 3 full glasses of foam before I stopped and attempted to trouble shoot. The PSI is the same, the first pour temp is still right on at 38. Everything seems like it should be working absolutely perfectly but now its worse than it was before? The lines and all accessories were cleaned and sanitized about 2 weeks ago. I dont understand how it could be so much worse right now after having all the science parameters perfect?

When it is sitting after a pour what does the beer in the line look like - solid beer or bubbles moving around with gaps?
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. When im pouring the beer, the beer in the line is smooth, no bubbles or anything like that. I cant for the life of me figure out why its foaming so much. And why on earth the tower cooler would have made the problem so much worse. Im thinking of turning the c02 off for a day or two to let the excess get out of the keg and then start from a lower PSI and work my way back up and see what that does.

Comment

Back to my question - when it has sat for a while, what does the line look like?
        What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Beer line length?

Comment

Originally posted by Swampfox View Post
            Sorry for the late reply. When im pouring the beer, the beer in the line is smooth, no bubbles or anything like that. I cant for the life of me figure out why its foaming so much. And why on earth the tower cooler would have made the problem so much worse. Im thinking of turning the c02 off for a day or two to let the excess get out of the keg and then start from a lower PSI and work my way back up and see what that does.
            Are you sure you didn't compress or kink the beer line, creating a restriction, when you ran the tower chiller hose up? (Picture putting your thumb over the end of a hose).

Comment

Like the other guy asked...when it sat for a few days, are there bubbles in the line as well? Plus when you pressurize the tower is there air coming back down? If you dead head the tower cooler it will work but not as effective as if you ran a second empty line (return) or at least some spacing where air can get pushed back into the fridge

Comment

Working...
              X