Kegco 309B Won't Cool Enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kegco 309B Won't Cool Enough

Hey there, everyone! First time post and a newbie Kegerator owner. First: THANK YOU SO MUCH! This forum has been immensely helpful during my adventure of owning a new kegerator. I've been slowly zeroing in on balancing my kegerator and am running in to a few issues.

Now, my setup: I have a dual-tap Kego K309B-2 with all stock parts being utilized. I've installed and am running a Tower Cooler. I've got a 1/4 slim keg of Miller Lite and a 1/6 slim keg of Leinenkugel Summer Shandy.

My goal is to run at 36 degrees and 11 PSI. So far from a PSI perspective, I've slowly adjusted to get to where it needs to be. Its the temp that's the problem. I can't seem to get below 40 degrees no matter what.

I'll pour some out in a room temp cup, then take a separate room-temp cup and pour some more. I'll then use my Thermapen to take a read and after a few moments it settles in on 40 degrees. I've made sure to have the needle below the head and NOT touch any of the sides of the cup.

Has anyone run in to this kind of issue before? Curious about advice

Thanks again, in advance, for not only the forum but for any/all help and advice you can give!

I have a Kegco as well, and with it on almost the coolest setting (mine has a dial in the back) my beer pours at about 38 degrees (which is my preference). A couple of things to check - did you calibrate the thermapen? Also, try pouring a beer in a room temp glass, then chug (or dump) that beer and pour another beer into the same glass. That will get you more of a true beer temperature.

Comment

Working...
    X