Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foamy pour

Hello,

I'm having problems with foamy pours of Shock Top beer from my keggerator. Subsequent pours only marginally reduce the amount of foam (still over 50%). I realize there are so many topics relating to foamy beer from keggerators, however I feel that I have done my due diligence and tried many of the suggested tips and tricks:

1) I use 12' of 3/16" food grade tubing and
    2) I've tried adjusting the keg pressures between 10-14 PSI, no help
    3) I have measured the temperature in the top and bottom of the mini-fridge, they are both within a few degrees of each other - and both cause water to partially freeze (too cold?)
    4) I have a draft tower cooler set up to both chill the lines/faucet and recirculate air within the fridge
    5) I have cleaned all lines, couplers and faucets with beer line cleaner, BLC.
    6) The beer pours around 35F and does not change more than a degree on subsequent pours
    7) Beer pours are into a clean glass, and if I get foam initially, I dump the glass and try again, not pouring on top of foam - still does not help
    8) The keg has sat in the fridge for 5 days, untouched, to settle.

The beer within the line doesn't look foamy. There are no air pockets developing in it, nor any bubbles leaving solution. The faucets is a brand new stainless steel Intertap.

Any help with something I may have missed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Check the shank for burrs or rough edges.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Working...
    X