Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beer line...Is 5' the new standard or something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer line...Is 5' the new standard or something?

So, 2 years ago this month, I built a 3 tap keezer. I ordered all of my equipment from kegworks.com. I ordered beer line that came with hex nuts already installed on one end. The lines came in multiple lengths and I went with a 10' line for all 3 taps. For the past 2 years, these lines have worked without issue. Now, I'm planning on replacing the lines and every single beer equipment website only sells beer line in 5' lengths with the hex nut already installed...? Did something change that I don't know about? I'd rather not have to install my own hexnuts.

If I end up having to do it myself, is it difficult to deal with? What's the best place to purchase this equipment?

(FYI, I'm not looking forward to this, as I tried to remove the lines from the shank and I can't get a single one to come off, even when using all of my awesome muscles....)

You built a keezer but are concerned about putting an end on a beer line? You are worried about nothing, just buy a tail piece, a nut, and a coil of line. Cut the line to length, slide the nut onto it, and put the tailpiece barbs into the line.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

There are tutorials available about making tap keezer and I learned that some don't use 5' as standard. It depends on which length you think is more convenient for you to use.

Comment

Make it stop Mods!
        What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Working...
        X