Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob Question - Please Help - CO2 Related

Hi everyone,

Thanks for taking a look at my post. I just recently finished my basement and purchased a kegerator. The basement is two sided - one side for kids, one side for adults. Point being there are kids down there on one side. In the bar area, I have two sixtels in a dual tap kegerator. I'm new to this and I clearly don't know what I'm doing.

My issue is that my CO2 keeps reading low. When I tapped the keg(s) for the first time I set the pressure at 10 and 750 (on the dual guage). The CO2 is stored inside the keg so it may be cold. After I initially tapped, I checked it out a few days later and noticed the high number (750) fell below (500) and the low was falling to about 7... I then panicked and messed with the gauge, but I think I did that too much (I did not know what I was doing and didn't do it slow). I feel like I did more harm then good. Anyway, I felt I had an issue with the CO2, so I returned it and got a new one.

I set-up the new CO2 (same pressure 10 and 750) and things have been fine for 3 days, but I went down tonight
    have a dial on my kegerator and again, it's low like 500 and the other gauge was falling below 5, closer to 0. What gives? Is this definitively a leak? As soon as I messed with the "adjuster", I did so slower this time (I believe the right way), it immediately jumped and I reset it to 10. It seemed fine last time I checked. Should I be overly concerned there's a leak?

It seems like the thing falls when I leave it alone for a while. Is that the norm? Maybe I'm overreacting?

Thanks.

The drop in tank pressure is normal when you put it in a cold environment. If you want to double check for leaks, run the pressure up to 40 briefly and listen. You can also spray a soap solution on the connections and look for bubbles. In normal use the pressure should stay where you set it with no drop off over time.
    Last edited by djc; 04-09-2018, 02:28 PM.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Working...
    X