Can't Get Temp Below 40*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Get Temp Below 40*

Hello all-- I know there's a lot of topics on here about getting temps at the correct range. I've read topic after topic without finding one that was my exact situation.

Here's the rundown:
    Purchased a Beverage Air DD68 with 6 taps in January from a bar upgrading to a newer unit. This unit was said to have been touted the "coldest beer in the valley."
    Set it up in my sunroom, attached to my house with 3 large windows and no AC/Heat but not extreme temps. Tapped a Bud Light to just have something with the guys that helped me set it up, it had been really cold outside that weekend and I had the keg in the garage waiting to be tapped, so no temperature issues were seen then.
    After that day, I noticed I had a really bad foaming issue and the beer tasting flat. I tried the PSI all over the place, but settled at 10 being the best and reading your recommendations. After reading several posts here, I cleaned all the lines and replaced two faucets, by this time I had went through the 6th barrel Bud Light (can't waste beer) so I couldn't test out the clean lines. I tapped a Blue Moon and had less of a foaming issue but the beer just does not get cold enough. I placed a thermometer inside and it stays around 40-41 with the actual keg temp at 42 degrees.
    I placed a new metal threshold at the door where there was some rust, used some HVAC metal tape to cover a rusted hole about 10 inches long that had developed on the metal manifold that houses the thermostat and fan.
    The thermostat is set to it's highest setting of 7. When I turn it off then on, I can hear it turn off/on.
    The fan is not frozen over, I can see it moving.

Apologies for the length and my stupidity, I've learned a lot in the last couple months, but apparently don't know enough. I wanted to reach out to you all before I replace a thermostat or recharge the freon. I know it's not an insanely high temp, but it's really bothering me, it's not right. I'd love to be able to at least get it down to 38*, preferably lower. Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks
    Last edited by aes_88; 03-14-2018, 01:54 PM.
Working...
X