Summit Kegerator not cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit Kegerator not cooling

So I've had the Summit SBC677BIIFTWIN kegerator for about 6 months now, and it's been working fantastically. At the beginning of January, I knew that I wouldn't have any kegs in there for a little while so I turned it off to save some energy. I just turned it back on today as I'm about to go get a couple of kegs this weekend, and the thing won't run. The display just keeps flashing "HI" and won't let me change the temperature. It's been on for a couple hours now and it's not cooling at all. It doesn't even sound like the thing is running.

Anyone have problems like this? Am I completely boned here and need to order a new unit?
    Last edited by burtmacklin; 02-22-2018, 04:01 PM.

I won't be much help, but I have a Summit SBC490BI and it's no longer cooling either. Took it out from under the bar plugged it, compressor gets warm and around every 5 min I hear a clicking sound. I've read online about relays and thermostat problems, not sure if that might have anything to do with mine or yours. Currently looking at a new unit but thats major $$$.. Only 6 months though????

Comment

Yikes, sorry to hear about your troubles!

Turns out mine was still under warranty, so Summit set up a service call with a local appliance company and they came out and fixed it, although it took about 3 weeks. It ended up being the circuit board, it somehow got fried so needed to be replaced.

Hopefully you can get yours fixed for much less than it'd be to buy a new unit!

Comment

This may be a little late for the previous issues but for anyone who experiences this in the future...

I have a Summit SBC677BITWIN Kegerator which has been working just fine for about 3 years. I, too, had a situation where I turned off my kegerator for some time. I had finished a keg and was going to be travelling out of the country in a few week for an extended period of time and it didn't make sense to get a new keg of beer and let it sit for a month or so until I returned. So, I turned off the kegerator. Upon my return, I attempted to turn on the kegerator and got a flashing "HI" in the temperature display, Same problem as @burtmaklin reported in 2/22/2018. Tried leaving it on overnight with no success, still flashed "HI" in the morning.

I contacted Tech Support at Summit and they suggested that I replace the display board and the temperature sensor. I got the name of a local appliance repair service from them, visited their website and left a contact message. While waiting for their reply, I had a thought based on my experience with computers...

I flipped off the circuit breaker in the electrical panel that supplied current to the kegerator and waited about 30 seconds to let any capacitors on the circuit board discharge. After flipping the circuit breaker back on, I tried the kegerator again. It came on and displayed the desired temperature setting in the temperature display. No more flashing "HI".

Solution: Power cycle the kegerator for 30 seconds or more and retry. Cheaper than an unnecessary service call.

Comment

Working...
        X