Messed up keg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messed up keg

I have had 3 kegs in my kegerator and this is the second time this has happened and I have no idea what's causing it. I have an insiginia kegerator from Best buy all original parts and I have gotten budlight 3 times. So here is what happened it was pouring fine and I am about half way done with the keg, then I take a week off of drinking and I go for another glass and only co2 comes out. When I disconnected the keg the top looked like this. I have tried bending it back but as soon as I re couple it, it shifts back to the side. The second keg I put in there was 100% fine I finished the whole thing no trouble so I got a 3rd keg and after about a month and half a keg it happened again. I didn't touch the keg and it has been pouring find for over a month and it happened again.

I keep it at 8 psi and leave the gas on all the time and I cannot keep returning half kegs.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Clearly something really wrong with either the coupler or your technique. When you couple the keg, are you screwing in the coupler first and then pulling the lever down? Are you sure it is a D coupler? Post a picture of the coupler. Post a picture of the tapped keg. The way it is supposed to work is the probe of the coupler pushes the silver ball down by moving straight down on top of it. There shouldn
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

I put the coupler on twist it then I pull the lever and lock it down
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

One more pic - the coupler with the probe extended but not on the keg - just want to see how far the probe comes out and if it
        What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

!st thing to do is educate your self on a balanced keg. 8 psi is never going to be right. What beer are you pouring? I followed your post for the last 3 days and still can't figure out what you bent back? A split spear would account for just co2 but the likelihood of 2 out of 3 kegs is against the odds.

Comment

If it's the dog on the coupler ( the rectangular piece jutting inwards) that might explain it but once bent and forced back the 2nd time they would just break loose. Just get a decent coupler they'renot that expensive here and above average quality.

Comment

Is it work today?

Comment

Are you sure it is a D coupler?

Comment

Working...
                X