True TDD-1, Installing OEM Thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True TDD-1, Installing OEM Thermostat

I've purchased a used TDD-1 that has a Honeywell thermometer surface mounted internally with the capillary bulb hanging in the middle of cabinet. I would like to replace it with the True OEM thermostat but have found a couple of different part numbers for the TDD-1. I also want to make sure that the capillary tubing of the new thermostat is placed in the proper location and that I wire it correctly. True does not have a TDD-1 specific service manual in their library.

Rather than trying to chase down an OEM control, there are many different ones, I would recommend using a Ranco A12-700 control. It works very well for your application. While >>> THIS THREAD <<< deals with a Bev Air it should give you much of the info you need to install the new control.

If there is no small copper tube going into the evaporator for the capillary then you can follow the instructions I provided in the other thread. There should be only two wires you would need to connect.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
    X