5 gallon keg over 22 ounce (weird)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 gallon keg over 22 ounce (weird)

Hey guys need your opinion, the beer on the left is a 5 gallon keg of left eye , right eye by Track Seven.. Double IPA... The one on the right is the same bottled.. I understand color changes (bottle gets light so maybe lighter because of that) and even a smoother taste (keg beer over bottle) but the keg one is not as hoppy.. And sorta tastes like a generic home brew IIPA.. It gets plenty of co2 (10psi) and has slot of head
    Am I crazy? I have had IPA and IIPA be smoother but not this far off in taste.... I am confused.. Any thoughts??
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

What are the dates on the keg and the bottle? Age has a lot to do with how an IPA tastes. Many start to fall off after 30 days and are drastically less hoppy after 90 days. Keg beer is also generally not pasteurized, so the products are processed differently. Lastly, depending on how in control or not in control the brewery is, not every batch comes out the same.

My money is on the dating.
    Last edited by djc; 01-12-2018, 04:44 AM.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Thanks bottle actually doesn't have the print date.. missing on the label but tasted fresh... Keg says Dec 21st.... seems to me that it should be fresh..

Comment

Keg is definitely fresh. Assuming you clean your equipment regularly then it is hard to say. Maybe a mix up on the keg label between Regular Left Eye Right Eye, and double dry hopped and double dry hopped citra?
        Last edited by djc; 01-12-2018, 10:42 AM.
        What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

I changed it out with knee deep Hoptologist and did a test pour... beer comes out fantastically so it wasnt my lines.. now have to fight with Bevmo over getting a refund

Comment

Working...
          X