All foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All foam

Just finished a keezer build with 2" PVC going to an insulated box where my shanks go through the wall. One pipe has two beer lines at about 8' long and the other circulates air back into the keezer with a fan mounted inside the box. I also have a fan inside the keezer for top to bottom circulation.

After some research I got my psi set right and no longer have any bubbles in my beer lines. However, I get straight foam from the faucets at a pretty fast flow rate.

I will attempt to get some better temperature readings but it's pretty hard to do with no liquid beer. I don't understand why I have consistency through the line and nothing but foam out of the tap. Please help!

Welcome to the forum,

It does sound like a temp problem at the tap. Take a temp reading inside the box & another at the tap after the foam settles for a bit. I would suspect your cooling is not getting all the way to the tap.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Keezer is set at 36...beer temp is 39. I've discovered that I can set the psi anywhere between 5 and 12 and I get the same foam result. However, if I throttle the tap I get good pours. All the way open equals foam no matter what the pressure. I even changed out the beer line, went from 8ft to 25ft just to see the difference. Same results. Thinking my faucets are the problem.

Comment

What is the ID of the beer line?
        What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

2 and 3 are true, 4 is close but not an absolute, the rest are worthless.

Comment

Definitely, need to know line size, especially if pressures are 5-12psi with 8' of line and it is flying so fast you have to "throttle" the beer.

Comment

Hey guys I have an edge star kegerator with a 1/2 barrel of blue moon Belgian White. Im running at 35 degrees fridge temp with a 5' 3/16 inch ID beer line at 14 PSI. I keep getting full glasses of foam. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comment

You need the beer temp, whatever air temp you are measuring doesn

Comment

It
                  Last edited by TheDraftMedic; 02-08-2018, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X