True tdd3, compressor not turning on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True tdd3, compressor not turning on

Compressor fan locked up on Sunday morning. I unplugged so I wouldn't burn up the compressor. Tested plugging it in, pulling plug etc seeing if I could get fan to turn at all. Nothing. But compressor ran and fins got hot. Unplugged. Got fan motor today. Hooked up, plugged in, nothing. No compressor, no fan. Evap fan runs and light works.
    Unplugged and unhooked wires to compressor and fan. Plugged in and checked voltage. Basically getting approx 1.5volts!
    HELP!!!! THREE kegs in there, one 16 and 2 8's and internal temp is sitting at 60. gonna be expensive to replace it all, especially at the same time. One 8 is completely full!

First of all, welcome to the forum,
    Check to see if the cord to the compressor/ fan is plugged in. It's possible that when you slid the chassis out to change the motor it pulled the plug loose from a socket that they have attached to the roof of the cabinet that holds the chassis. It will probably be way towards the back of the unit.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

How do I access where it's plugged in?

Comment

Found it! That was it!! Fan motor needed replaced regardless. Just hope the beer hasn't gone bad.
        What guage wire should I use if I want to replace it? I'd like to make a longer pigtail so I don t have this issue again. Only way to reach it is through vent in front and I have a bar around the unit that needs moved to access the vent.

Thanks again!

Comment

Either go to the back of the unit & access the louvered panel where the condensing unit chassis is housed or lie down in front & look back into the housing using a flashlight with the chassis slid partially out.

EDIT: Generally there is enough cord to reach the plug - it's sometimes wrapped around the lines a bit. Just unwrap it. If you do make up a pigtail, use the same gauge as is there, probably 16 or 18ga.

THE ICEMAN
          Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 10-19-2017, 08:33 AM.
          My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
          "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
          -Dave Barry-
          "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
          Strong beer is the milk of the old."
          -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
          X