Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I buy a faulty Keg? *PIC*

Good Evening everyone,

I was looking forward to enjoying a cold one after work so I stopped by my local supplier and picked up a new 1/4 barrel keg. I untapped my empty 1/4 barrel, and attached the new one to find no beer was coming out. My co2 is fine. I tried everything.. I cleaned out the lines, took apart the tap, looked for any clogs and there was nothing... Finally after an hour or so of troubleshooting I put the coupler back on the empty keg, hit the tap and foam and air started spewing out, telling me everything was working fine with my setup.. I did notice that when I tap the new keg I don't hear it pressurizing. I've gone through about a dozen kegs in the last year and have never had this problem.. I noticed that the new keg (the Pilsner Urquell) seems to not have the same ball inside it as my empty keg... is this the reason why it's not pressurizing?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm thirsty!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

It looks like you have two different couplers. The Firestone keg uses a D coupler while the Pilsner Urquell keg uses an S coupler. Here's the chart to find the proper coupler... http://www.micromatic.com/keg-couple...ter=p#couplers

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
    X