Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bev air BB72 new door gaskets not sealing

Hey guys,

I bought a new door gasket to test out on my fridge as I am getting major condensation in the summer around all 3 doors. I've re installed this gasket 3 times now and I keep getting fairly big gaps all around, it just wont fully seal no matter what I try.

The best thing I can do is pull the gasket to make it "fat" (i have gaps all along the hinge side so you can't really push that side in) I tapped the door shut with pressure as well.... doing a light test I can still see light gaping through at certain spots though.....

What am I doing wrong?

New gaskets sometimes need time to "wear in". The gasket material has a memory & if the new gasket was packed all folded up it can take a while to work the kinks out, so to speak. If you're sure the door hasn't been twisted then you can try a couple of things... Take the gasket off & leave it out in the sun for an hour or so & then re-install it & keep the door shut with a weight against the door. Leave it that way for a day or so & see if it seals. If you don't want to take the gasket off you can try & warm it up with a blow dryer & the block the door shut like above. Sometimes it is just a matter of time before it seals.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

ahh ok thanks! Yea it was shipped in a large padded envelope so it def had some kinks to work out which I figured tugging on it would fix.

the door doesnt seem twisted visually.. I mean the old gasket used to seal before I took it off. and the gaps are only in the actual center of the door not at either of the corners.

ill leave the door taped shut with pressure for some time and hope it seals itself! these damn gaskets are NOT cheap! 115 a pop im really hoping it fixes my condensation issue around the doors cause over the summer quite a bit of water ends up on the floor.

Comment

Working...
      X