Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keezer Mettalic Taste

Hi All!

Long time beer drinker, first time keezer maker.

I've recently purchased / built a keezer with a single draft tower. It's cooled by a CPU fan. Works well. The freezer temp has a temp controller that fluctuates between 30-34.

I had a keg of lagunitas that I used when I first set everything up. Though, the beer taste metallic. I thought it was because I hadn't cleaned the beer lines. So I bought some BLC & cleaned the beer lines & couplers twice. Then bought a new keg of Stella. Still have a little metallic taste. No as significant as the lagunitas but still a little present. Not as fresh as a bottle of Stella, which is funny.

PSI is set at 8. New regular & 5lb tank. The keezer is brand new & so is the keg.

Was thinking it might be the CO2, but with such a low PSI idk how it would overcarbinate. The CO2 lines & couplers are brand new.

Thanks in advance.

Stella Artois is 2.7 V\v so if 2nd beer is 38F. PSI is 14#. You should try taking the check ball out and see if metallic taste goes away. Some of these balls are known causer of off taste. Part #2 >

Comment

Working...
    X