3/4 foam and a burst of foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/4 foam and a burst of foam

Hey guys I've had pretty much issue free esults for about two years now ...

Just recently I seem to get three quarters of foam a little bit of beer and a couple seconds into the pour I get a burst of foam/air. I lowered the pressure significantly; regulator says five psi and I still get the same result. I do think I had the regulator set too high for a couple weeks prior to my foam issue. The pic below is from the fourth or fifth poor --- still less than ideal. The next three pics are regulators for the keg and the CO2 canister . it's a quarter barrel of Coors light and I am running dual taps.

Any thoughts?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Drafty McDuck; 10-15-2016, 06:27 PM.

Check the seal on the keg itself, are there any rips or anything in the rubber piece? What you're explaining sounds like exactly that.
    Any tiny rip will let air get into the line causing foam, if its small enough you should be able to take a faucet washer (the one that seals the rear side of it to the shank) and place it over the rip, then slowly turn while re-tapping, pour for a few seconds then wait a few minutes, if the seal is good now, no more foam.

Also look at the beer line now before, are there any air pockets in the line?

Comment

Ok never fiddle with the reg to combat foam ever. You have a system error. VAtech is likely dead on. But could be a bad reg. too. Whenever you think over carb the correct response is to vent the keg using the O ring release valve on the coupler not the reg. If the 4 and 5 pours were back to back for all 5 this isn't breakout so over card not likely. There has been 3 keg bad seals post here lately so it does happen just not a lot. Check your coupler gasket too for crack or abrasions. 2 of the bad keg seals took them back for a full refund the other guy only got a discount.

Comment

I don't see any cracks in either keg seal and it is happening on both taps

Comment

Well we will need basic info to help you. If this is a dual tap does each keg have it's own reg. or do they share only the one?

Do you understand what balance is and also how to take a real beer temp. using 2nd pour?

What beers are you dispensing now? What's the real beer temp of beer for both? What is the PSI setting now for both?

When was the last time you had your Co2 tank filled and did this problem start shortly after that refill?

Comment

Working...
          X