Kegorator Slow Response for First Beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kegorator Slow Response for First Beer

I've had my Kegorator for about 12 years. Still going strong but......At the start of each session, the tap responds very slowly for the first beer. It takes around one minute before the beer starts flowing. After that the flow is fine. When left alone for an hour or more, the one minute delay resumes for the first beer. Any ideas or suggestions?

Has it always been that way? Is the beer line full of beer prior to starting one of those initial pours?
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

I predict you have a rear sealing faucet. Does the tap handle demonstrate extra resistance on that 1st pour? When was the last time you disassembled it and cleaned it? On rear sealing faucets over time buildup collects and impedes the sliding of moving parts, the flow of beer acts as a lubricate and will loosen and aid in restoring function until end of session when it dries out again and starts sticking again. Clean your faucet and see if condition improves or get a front sealing faucet.

Comment

Do you have a perlick tavern head? if so Sounds like something may be in the air line keeping the keg from getting fully carbonated , maybe the backflow has rotted and started breaking apart, I've seen this happen a few times in 5 years with these tavern heads

Comment

Working...
        X