Condenser Fan Wiring TDD-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condenser Fan Wiring TDD-1

I just purchased a used True TDD-1 and everything seems to be working OK except the condenser fan runs 24/7. It looks like someone wired it in directly to the main power cord feeding the unit.Should this only run when the compressor kicks on? Can this be wired parallel with compressor? The evaporator fan inside runs constantly but I think it is supposed to. Also the thermostat was replaced with a Honeywell with the temp bulb hanging in the center of the cabinet. Is that OK?

Compressor fan only needs run in consort with the compressor. Inside fan all the time. Temp sensor should be okay if it's not in the way. The really question is does it get cold enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan View Post
      I just purchased a used True TDD-1 and everything seems to be working OK except the condenser fan runs 24/7. It looks like someone wired it in directly to the main power cord feeding the unit.Should this only run when the compressor kicks on? Can this be wired parallel with compressor? The evaporator fan inside runs constantly but I think it is supposed to. Also the thermostat was replaced with a Honeywell with the temp bulb hanging in the center of the cabinet. Is that OK?
      Yes, the condenser fan should run when the compressor runs. You can wire the fan with the same two wires that power the compressor. Since you have an aftermarket temp control, the temp control bulb would work best located near the evaporator fan guard. That way you are sensing the incoming air to the evaporator giving you a truer reading of the box temp. You may need to adjust the t-stat to get the temp you need. Don't trust the t-stat dial, they can be off from what is indicated. Use a good thermometer.

THE ICEMAN
      My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
      "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
      -Dave Barry-
      "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
      Strong beer is the milk of the old."
      -Martin Luther-

Comment

Thank You for the info!!!

Comment

Working...
        X