Edgestar Triple Tap - Wild Beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edgestar Triple Tap - Wild Beer

I need help desperately. I am running an Edgestar KC7000SSODTRIP triple tap cooler. I currently have Blue Moon, Shock Top Lemon Shandy and Angry Orchard Cider in 1/6 barrels in it. I have it set for 38 degrees an am running 13 PSI. The system was running fine for the past several weeks. In the past week I have wild beer, on all the barrels. I have checked everything I can find on the subject and cannot cure this problem. I am currently only at about 3 feet above sea level. This is an outdoor keg cooler and the tower is cooled by the fan. I have taken everything apart and cleaned everything, I do not have any leakage anywhere. The barrels still have about 1/4 to 1/2 on each of them. The CO2 is still about 1/2 full.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

The devil is in the details. Explain your system. One reg for all? Or a bank with 3 individuals? What is the real beer temp on each keg (ie: 2nd Pour temp.)
    I don't know about the cider wine but you are under pressured by a pound on the other 2. Is there gas pockets in all the beer lines? Explain if all are solid beer or if not which ones are breaking out in bubbles.

Comment

It has one regulator for all three taps, but splits into a manifold to each keg, however these are only regulated by a 1/4 turn valve no individual regulator to each keg. 2nd pour is 40 degrees. They are all foamy. The Blue Moon is showing just a couple of small bubbles in the line

Comment

Dave,
        The v/v of the beers is 2.7 and 2.75, PSI should be 15.5-16 (I'd set at 16-17), but the cider should be 8-9 PSI (according to another post regarding another cider). I'd check with Angry Orchard to see what actual v/v of cider is and get dual PSI regulator if you want to dispense such different v/v.
        KB

Comment

I will write them to find out on the cider, after I increase the PSI per your recommendations, what is the next step? Do I let it sit for 24 hours, flush the line, this is all new to me and I want to make sure I am doing it correctly.

Thanks

Comment

Dave,
            Du No, no need to "flush" lines, every carbonated liquid needs to be dispensed at the v/v that it is carbonated at (vs. temperature otherwise foam). From what I gather beer is under carbed (foam) and cider is over carbed (foam). So, again Du No, either you set for cider, de-couple beers and finish cider or visa versa. I'd de-couple beers (de-couple by pulling lever up and de-gassing a bit) and consuming beer. alone Or reverse, but for sure both are either overcarbed or undercarbed, either way you will have foam.
            KB
            Last edited by KillianBoy; 07-10-2016, 05:28 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

Or just buy a triple product regulator.
              What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

I received this from Angry Orchard.

They recommend setting the regulator between 8 and 12 psi and the thermostat to achieve an exit from the tap temperature of 38-42 degrees.

Hopefully this may help other people. I am waiting for my dual regulator to arrive this week... and hopefully we will be able to put this to rest....I will keep everyone up to date and thank you for all your help
                Last edited by dave12466; 07-11-2016, 01:28 PM.

Comment

That's around a 2.3 v/v.
                  What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Working...
                  X