Slow Pour but All Else Is Great...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow Pour but All Else Is Great...

I got my modded Danby out of retirement. The last time I used it was 2 years ago with a 1/4 keg of Blue Moon. At 16 PSI and 37 degrees, it poured perfectly. I just got a 1/2 of Blue Moon and prior to connecting it, I took the lines apart, cleaned them with my line cleaner, scrubbed everything, etc.

After acclimating for a day, the beer is pouring with the perfect head at 38 degrees at 16 PSI. But, it is pouring very slowly. Not that it's a big deal and after all the mods to get the cheap product to work properly , I am very happy to have no foaming issues, but I'm just curious what could be causing this. I check the beer line to see if it is pinched or restricted but it isn't.

Any opinions or advice would be great.

The air line might have something in it, I had one account that still had old perlick couplers, and they complained about beer not pouring after tapping a new keg (blue moon), took the coupler off and the backflow on the coupler, was totally dried up hard, and a few pieces got into the air line, obstructing the gas from getting to the keg

Just something to check, also do youj keep the co2 inside of the kegerator or outside?

Comment

Inside, as always. Thanks for the advice. I'll check out the gas line.

Comment

The gas line and all connections are all okay.

Comment

Did you change the beer lines to longer ones before you laid it up by any chance? I only ask because it isn't unlike something I would do. If they are long lines, old or new, you can cut them back.
          What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Nope, same lines. I forget the line length but I believe it is about 6-7'.

Comment

All things relative by slow you mean how many seconds to fill a pint? You may have forgot how long it took 2 years ago also. But I have a relaxed pour with 10' of line, slow pour but while it's filling I just marvel at the beauty of it all.

Comment

Working...
              X