Black particles in beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black particles in beer

I have had a kegerator for almost 3 years now that I purchased from Sears. Recently (the last 3 or 4 kegs) I have black particles coming out of the tap. When I clean the lines and the tap itself there is a lot of this black matter. When you touch it it disintegrates in your hand. I don't think it is dirt as I regularly clean the lines and don't think multiple kegs would come from the distributor w/dirt in them. I am wondering if it is some part of rubber on one of the connections that is wearing away? Does anyone have any ideas of what this could be or how to fix it?

Are you disassembling the keg coupler and faucet when you clean lines? I clean my lines only every two weeks or so and clean the faucet and coupler between kegs.

Also look closely at the nipples where the beer line joins the fittings. This crap can collect there and it will only grow more of the same crap.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Yes I disassemble both the coupler and the faucet which makes where the particles are coming from even more confusing. I guess it could be from the nipple connection. Do you clean those fairly regularly as well? Thanks for your help.

Comment

I don't clean the connection at the nipple by taking anything apart (I have crimped fittings) but I inspect them through the clear beer line to make sure that the solution I use to clean with disolves everything well.
        Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
        but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

There is a black washer that sits between the jumper and the coupler. Sometimes if this gets old it can breakdown. I am not sure if this is you problem but I have see it happen.
          Ed
          Blue Line Draft Systems
          www.bluelinedraft.com

Comment

Working...
          X