Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/4 barrel Coors Light Foam

Hey guys,

I'm sure by now everyone is tired of questions about foam, but here's what I've got.

Danby Kegorator
    8-10 ft 3/16"ID beer line
    Coors Light 1/4 bbl Keg
    2900' elevation
    90% foam.

I think I may have accidentally over carbonated this beer. When I hooked it up,l and turned on the co2 it was showing around 14 psi.. Had a few beers and it poured well. I came back a few days later and it was sitting at about 20 psi. If it was at 20 psi for several days could that have over carved the beer? I have turned down the pressure but also don't want to end up ruining the keg by making it go flat. I am going to go get a new thermometer as the one I had broke, but I am pretty sure the beer temp is around 34-35. (I have changed the capacitors in the thermostat to get the Danby to cool more.)

What should I do to fix this?

Any help is appreciated!

The pressure issues are not my expertise but I believe what you can do if you feel you over carbonated your keg is to shut off the pressure to the keg, pull the pressure relief valve on the coupler to bleed some pressure off, shake the keg a bit & bleed it off again. Go ahead & turn the pressure back on & set your regulator where it needs to be. Your temp looks good so, as long as you get the pressure correct this time around you should be fine.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

What Iceman suggested should work. And you won't so much ruin a keg by making it go flat, because it will re-carbonate to the correct amount the same way it over carbonated. And if this is the Danby original equipment regulator, this will likely happen again. The MicroMatic dual gauge premium regulator is the best thing I did to my kegerator.
      Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
      but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Working...
      X