This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweetwater Festive and Bridgeport IPA

I sent an email directly to the Sweetwater brewmaster and quickly received this reply:

"Festive is carbonated lower, about 2.37 v/v. Thanks for supporting our brews, and glad you’re enjoying them."

I also submitted a request to Bridgeport using their web form and never received a reply. Whenever I've emailed the brewer directly about carbonation, I've always received an answer relatively quickly. The times when only a general email or contact form is available, I've just been ignored. Seems like their marketing people are too dumb to realize a customer who buys 5.17 or 7.75 gallons of their beer at a time might be someone they want to treat better.

Sigh. I guess I just need to call them (and Highland, since they were the other one that never wrote back). I'm just not much of a phone person.

Comment

Yuengling CO2 PSI Setting

Ok, I have read MANY MANY posts on here and other sites, and they all say something different about what the PSI setting should be. And... There seems to be some variance in the CO2 charts that are available.

Has anyone actually called Yuengling and ask them what the v/v is that they use when kegging?

I have read it should be 8, 10, 11, 12, 14 PSI and it seems that the actual v/v has not been established. I have Yuengling on tap now, elv is less than 1000 ft, 36 degree actual beer temp, 5 feet of 3/16 from keg to spigot and I am running 12 PSI. Beer pours just fine, but it makes me burp a lot. More than when I was drinking it from a bottle.

I have tried calling Yuengling, but so far, no one I talk to seems to know the answer, or has not called me back.

Any ideas??

Comment

Originally posted by garo24 View Post
        Ok, I have read MANY MANY posts on here and other sites, and they all say something different about what the PSI setting should be. And... There seems to be some variance in the CO2 charts that are available.

Has anyone actually called Yuengling and ask them what the v/v is that they use when kegging?

I have read it should be 8, 10, 11, 12, 14 PSI and it seems that the actual v/v has not been established. I have Yuengling on tap now, elv is less than 1000 ft, 36 degree actual beer temp, 5 feet of 3/16 from keg to spigot and I am running 12 PSI. Beer pours just fine, but it makes me burp a lot. More than when I was drinking it from a bottle.

I have tried calling Yuengling, but so far, no one I talk to seems to know the answer, or has not called me back.

Any ideas??
        Per Scott Zuhse

Yuengling is a 2.6 volumes of co2 product. 36F beer temp at sea level = 11psi. 1 PSI higher isn't the end of the world. You'll probably experience a bit foamier pours towards the end of the keg. But maybe not. At 1000ft elevation, you're half way to needing to bump it up 1psi for altitude. So if it works for you, I'd leave it alone.

Maintaining Draft Beer Equilibrium
        Last edited by cubby_swans; 02-17-2009, 10:39 AM.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Thanks Chubby Swans.....

Did Scott get that information directly from Yuengling though?

Question... how can one tell if their beer has been over-carbonated in relation to their PSI setting? The reason I ask this, is because of my statement about burping more than usual in comparison to Yuengling from bottles.

Comment

Originally posted by garo24 View Post
            Thanks Chubby Swans.....

Did Scott get that information directly from Yuengling though?

Question... how can one tell if their beer has been over-carbonated in relation to their PSI setting? The reason I ask this, is because of my statement about burping more than usual in comparison to Yuengling from bottles.
            I have Yuengling on tap (38 degrees and 13 psi) and burp more than bottles also. But I find that with any beer I have had on tap. I think it's probably because the carbonation in bottles is a lot lower. That's just my guess.
            "No soldier can fight unless he is properly fed on beef and beer."
            -John Churchill, First Duke of Marlborough

Comment

Hop Devil v/v of CO2

Straight from the brewery, Hop Devil has 2.65 v/v of c02......

Cheers!
              HOME OF THE 6 TIME WORLD CHAMPION PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Comment

The Blue Point Brewmaster's reply to my inquiry regarding their Toasted Lager and Summer Ale was

"Those two beers are kegged at 2.42 vols.
                Enjoy!"

Comment

Just emailed Atlanta Brewing Company about Red Brick Ale & Red Brick Blonde. Both are 2.6 v/v of co2.

Just finished a keg of Terrapin Rye Ale and it's also 2.6 v/v of co2.

We need more folks to contribute to this!

Comment

I spoke to the brewer at Fireston Walker and he said that all of their beers are kegged at 2.4.

Comment

Boulder Beer

Most Boulder beers are at 2.45 per the brewmaster.....

Yummy Mojo and Hazed and Infused!!
                      HOME OF THE 6 TIME WORLD CHAMPION PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Comment

Below is what I received from New Belgium Brewing regarding settings for Fat Tire. The PSI seems extremely high to me, but I received this exact same response on two different inquiries.
                        Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks for the email. Here is the information you requested:

PSI 16-20lbs.. Ideal 18lbs
                        Ideal temp 38-40 degrees F
                        IGP (gauge pressure) 16-18...17 ideal

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Cheers!
                        Tiffany
                        Employee Owner
                        New Belgium Brewing Company
                        500 Linden
                        Ft. Collins, CO 80524
                        Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

-----Original Message-----
                        From: no-reply@newbelgium.com [mailto:no-reply@newbelgium.com]
                        Sent: Monday, March 22, 2010 12:04 PM
                        To: nbb
                        Subject: [Questions] CO2 Volumes - Fat Tire

XXXXXXXXXX sent a message using the contact form at
                        Contact | New Belgium.

Hello,
                        I have a home kegerator and want to ensure I am dispensing the keg correctly.
                        What is the recommended CO2 volume for Fat Tire.
                        If you provide this information, I can adjust the temperature and pressure
                        accordingly.
                        Thanks

Comment

Anyone know the Vol for Bud Select? I'm researching online and here as well. I am thinking someone has got the info from Budweiser directly at some point. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rat.kc135 View Post
                            Anyone know the Vol for Bud Select? I'm researching online and here as well. I am thinking someone has got the info from Budweiser directly at some point. Thanks!
                            Everything in AB's standard lineup is 2.6 volumes of co2.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Thanks Cubby_Swans! Then according to the "Beer Equilibrium Pressure" website you had on here: 2.6 vol of CO2 @38 degrees I should run 12 PSI.

Wish me luck! I'll be tapping the first keg for my BM23 tomorrow!

Comment

I did forget....I see elevation is another variable...but that website I referenced above doesn't take that into account. I know I've see a ROT (rule of thumb) about elevation...but not finding it now. I wouldn't think it would be a huge different here in KS: I'm at around 1,400' elevation, so do I need to adjust the desired setting of 12 PSI noted above?

Comment

Working...
                                X