This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of Beer & Co2 Pressure Applied

Lets all start a list of beers that work well at certain pressure/temperature and what length line you are using/where you purchaced it, and if you have a blower to your tower or not, and what type of faucet you have. You should be able to pour decent pours 95% of the time. I'm sure this would help out most people searching for advice on this forum. I'll Start:

The beers that I have ran through my kegerator are:

Molson Golden;Applied PSI from regulator: 14 PSI,38 Degree Beer temp (35 degree air temp) 5.5 ft 3/16" micromatic tubing, tried Perlick forward sealing faucet and Shirron forward sealing faucets (NOTE:PLEASE STOCK THESE MICROMATIC) and I have the blower to the tower.

Bell's Oberon Ale; Applied PSI from Regulator: 12 PSI (noexcess head/foam, 14psi too much head) 38 degree beer temp (34 dereee air temp)Shirron Faucet, 6ft 3/16" Micromatic beer line, and I have a blower to the tower.

I hope this will get people posting what works best with their setup and get most people in the ballpark when setting up a new keg or system.

If I can add something to your good idea.....maybe each of us can put out an effort to contact our favorite/local or random brewery and locate the specific volumes of CO2 that each beer should have. This is really the key to proper service. Pressures and line lengths will change depending on a persons altitude but that can all be figured out from the intended volumes of CO2 dissolved in the beer. I am a homebrewer and have access to Charlies Papazians Homebrewers Comanion and they list approximate volumes of CO2 for certain styles but each brewer will have their own levels. It is a good idea though, I know a lot of people come on here asking these types of questions. I will find out some and post them soon.
    Ed
    Blue Line Draft Systems
    www.bluelinedraft.com

Comment

I am running a 1/2 barrell of Kentucky Ale Light made in Lexington KY. I emailed the brewery about co2 volumes and they emailed me back stating that "2.7 volumes". I have seen a chart around here sometime ago about volumes and co2 pressure but can't seem to locate it right now. Any links to charts? Or any idea of co2 psi I should be running? Thanks.

Comment

I have a pretty decent carbonation chart in excel format. I am unable to attach .xls files or some reason. Post your email or private message me and I will email you a copy of it.
        Ed
        Blue Line Draft Systems
        www.bluelinedraft.com

Comment

co2 chart Maintaining Draft Beer Equilibrium It would be much better to use this chart to find and post the volumes of co2.

killians Irish Red 2.75
          Bud Light 2.6
          Sierra Nevada (all beers) 2.6 - 2.7

Thats all I know

Comment

All Molson brands brewed in Canada are 2.6. This includes all Fosters in the USA, since it's brewed and racked up here in the north.
            Draught Prophets
            www.draughtprophets.ca

Comment

I believe Scott said that Coors from Colorado is 2.8 and Coors from Shenandoah is 2.6. You can identify the Shenandoah one by a Z in the code.
              Ed
              Blue Line Draft Systems
              www.bluelinedraft.com

Comment

I wonder why Coors would do that?

Comment

Higher elevation???
                  Draught Prophets
                  www.draughtprophets.ca

Comment

One of the reasons Coors did that was so that it could work in Pennsylvania tap systems. The system would require some modifications to maintain the 2.8 vol. carbonation level.In Pa. the distributors are not allowed to do this kind of work, so they came up with the different CO2 level, so that it would work in our systems. I am sure it was not the only reason, but it was one of them. Tapman

Comment

Originally posted by indianaroller View Post
                      co2 chart Maintaining Draft Beer Equilibrium It would be much better to use this chart to find and post the volumes of co2.

killians Irish Red 2.75
                      Bud Light 2.6
                      Sierra Nevada (all beers) 2.6 - 2.7

Thats all I know

Perfect!! that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!!

Comment

Founders Centennial IPA

Founders Centennial IPA = 2.5 volumes of co2. 13PSI @ 42F

I left them a message the other day on their answering machine, one of the brewers called me back today.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

I emailed Highland Brewing in Asheville, NC, over a month ago asking for the carbonation level of their Gaelic beer and never received a reply.

I emailed Ommegang in Cooperstown, NY, this morning for the same information on Hennepin. I'm hoping I have better luck with them, since I suspect Hennepin is a higher level than most. Fortunately, their web site lists email addresses for just about everyone in their outfit, so I'll try a more directed campaign if I don't hear from them in a couple days.

FWIW, the Highland Gaelic seemed like it was pretty standard for an ale and worked well at 12 PSI @ 38 F @ ~1000'.

Comment

Scott had posted this earlier, thought it would be useful here. Thanks Scott. http://www.zahmnagel.com/pdf/SS-60.pdf

Comment

I sent a new email to the Ommegang brewmaster yesterday evening and he responded this morning:

"Draught Hennepin should be about 2.8-2.85 volumes CO2. Enjoy!"

Sounds like a nice guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X