correct setup for danby mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• correct setup for danby mod

I am using previous suggestions on the danby keg modifications and bought a johnsons control temp switch. Question: Do I hook up the common from the johnson control switch to the red wire that goes down to the keg? and do i hook up the other wire to the open low from the johnson control to the black wires to the keg? there is another hookup which is open high but i'm not quite sure what ones i should hook up.

Without seeing the Johnson switch or a diagram, I'd assume you would hook to the open low contact (open when cold).
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

danby keg mod

Psychodad here is a picture of what my keg wiring looks like...from your pictures you have 3 wires, red, white and black. I have four with a brown wire..not sure what it is and was wondering if I should hook it up the same way. Here is a picture of the wiring I took.

This is the picture of the Johnson control. The bottom red is the common which I will wire the red wire going down the keg and will cap off the wire to the control board, according to your setup and assuming that the brown wire has no effect.. The top one which is the yellow and opens low will be attached to both black wires and to the fan and switch.

I wanna make sure this setup will work and was wondering if it will according to the diagram. I'm not too bright when it comes to reading wiring plans. Any input would be helpful...Thanks
      Attached Files
      Last edited by cam0175; 03-15-2007, 10:55 AM.

Comment

that brown wire looks to be going to another fan (ac fan) ?? do you notice 2 fans inside there? there is a small 2" dc fan in mine, and i don't have a brown wire, or a schematic with a brown wire.. must be older/newer..

Comment

I agree with Chad about the brown wire. It appears to be a fan and I'd let it be. Connect the red wire going to the compressor overload to the open on cold contact and the black to the common. If you are adding a fan (which you may not need to do as you seem to already have one) connect it to run continuous and not be cycled with the compressor.
          Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
          but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

danby keg mod

I went ahead and took back the johnson control and went and got the dayton (I drove an hour total to get to the nearest Grainger dealer) because I couldn't figure how to hook it the johnson control system.

I had an old beverageair keg and took the cooling fan out of it and bought the dayton shaded pole blower. I put the pole blower right hand side resting on the ledge and the fan on the left side ledge..both blowing upwards. The combination of the two recirculates the air inside very well.

It seems to be working and will post the results with the modifications that psychodad used. I'll let it run for 24 hours but peliminary results seemed to suggest that 1) Foam is greatly reduced and 2) The beer is colder. I set the dayton temp control to an icy 30 degrees...I like it cold!

Comment

danby keg mod

I found that taking one of the fans out and just blowing one downwards towards the bottom of the cooling plate made the beer a lot colder. No foam and a chilly 31 degrees

Comment

Working...
              X