Yet another foaming issue.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another foaming issue.....

I will make a long story short......I needed to move my fridge that holds my keg about 5 feet from where it originally was. I was using 5 feet of 3/16 vinyl line with about 3-4 feet of it outside the fridge. I never had a foaming problem except maybe for the very first glass after it sat for a few hours. (warm line) I read somewhere that anything over 5 feet should move up a size on line. So I went to 1/4 line 10 feet in length, with about 7-8 feet being outside the fridge. Now I have a horrible foaming problem. Should I just go back to the 3/16 line? I am running 8psi at the regulator for the 1/4 line and was 10psi on the 3/16 line. I am pretty new at this so any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks

Originally posted by Reginal98 View Post
    with about 7-8 feet being outside the fridge. Now I have a horrible foaming problem.
    7 to 8 feet of warm beer is going to be foam when it leaves the tap.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Originally posted by Reginal98 View Post
      I am running 8psi at the regulator for the 1/4 line and was 10psi on the 3/16 line. I am pretty new at this so any help would be appreciated!
      Thanks
      the keg beer you use requires a specific co2 pressure. you should not change the co2 pressure for the size of line or to correct the pressure of the pour.
      you should change the line size and lenght to correct for pour speed.i would remove 1' of the 3/16 and add the lenght of 1/4 between the keg and the 3/16" you just cut. remove more if the pour is too slow.

Comment

Working...
      X