Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K4man
    replied
    Thanks for the comments. I called EdgeStar this morning and they said they would send parts to a service tech who would have them within 3 days and then call us to schedule service. Any idea what parts they could be? I'm hoping they will end up replacing the unit.

Leave a comment:

• pvs6
    replied
    Don't mess around with it, this unit is defective. Contact your seller and expect a new replacement unit to be shipped to you. If it wasn't Living Direct they may expect you to return the broken one and pay the shipping if so mention that your a member here and will be posting disappointed reviews of their service and they will probably skip returning the unit.

Leave a comment:

• PointPleasantNJBeerguy
    replied
    So it froze up. You defrosted, and plugged back in now won't get cold at all? Am I understanding you right?

Leave a comment:

• K4man
    replied
    The cold plate was frozen but we turned it off last weekend and were hoping that would take care of the problem but it didn't. I did the meat probe in a glass of beer and it measured 78 degrees...yuk! Now the refrigerator thermometer says 61 degrees and the kegerator says 37.

Leave a comment:

• PointPleasantNJBeerguy
    replied
    I would use a digital probe instant read thermometer( like the ones you stick in meat). And check beer temperatures poured into a glass. Air temp in a keg unit is second concern.Beer temps are what you want to look at. But sounds like your temps are way off. Is the cold plate in back of unit frozen over?

Leave a comment:

• K4man
    started a topic EdgeStar Thermostat Problem

EdgeStar Thermostat Problem

My husband got the very expensive EdgeStar kc7000 a few months ago. It cooled okay at first, then he noticed the beer was not getting as cold. The digital thermostat says it is 38-39 degrees do we bought a digital refrigerator thermometer and it reads 59 degrees. Anyone have any suggestions before we call EdgeStar?
Working...
X