Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Jockey Box

Hey All,

Well i bought parts for a jockey box and One question I have is about all the lines. Right now I have 50' SS 3/8 coil and 3/8 beer jumper Vinyl 6' from keg to jockey box. No restriction from coil to spigot. I was wondering if have all the same lines are the way through is ok or do i need a small hose to restrict the beer from the coil to the spigot?

Thanks in advance with any help.

-Mike

Mike,
    Couple of pros out there that use jockey boxes, but odd you have 3/8@50 feet, most are 5/16 that go directly to faucet (spigot), you may need a restriction line but wait for one of the pros to respond.
    KB

Comment

Yeah I just received my coil and it is 3/8 all the way and my Faucet is only 1/4 since they do not make a 3/8 bore in a faucet shank .. Now I do not know what to do. I do see a site makes a 3/8 coil and last few feet for to a 1/4 ince to fit the 1/4 bore but I wonder what I can do to not go that route to ship stuff back and order other parts

Comment

mike8420,
        Confirm ID and OD of your coil, one end should fit on shank, 1/4 bore should be fine don't think the pre-made jockey boxes MM sells use anything special.
        KB

Comment

Yeah my OD on coil is 3/8. My Walk shank is 3/8 bore and faucet is 1/4. So you think i can still use a 3/8 coil on 1/4 faucet shank? I thought the holes had to be the same but i'm not sure i want to use it since if i do i cant return the coils and I may just buy a 3/8 coil that has a 20' 1/4 coil to the shank which may be better for me but still wondering if i should or not

Comment

mike8420,
            This is the same coil they use for their pre-made 100 foot +, not sure if your numbers are right but shanks are in 1/4 and 3/16, not 3/8, you should be fine with gear you have just hook up and try. Just confirm bore size of the shank and ID of coil, OD doesn't really have any to do with resistance.
            OK, scrolled down in Jockey box section, 3/8 shank is for connection from keg to ice box, from coils to faucet, through shanks that are 1/4 and 3/16, both are called shanks but one has a faucet connection the other doesn't.
            KB
            Last edited by KillianBoy; 04-28-2015, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X