X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yemsral
    replied
    Originally posted by PointPleasantNJBeerguy View Post
    So basically your saying your running on 1lb of pressure?? If that's the case that won't last long. Your running on just the pressure of the keg. Are these foam problems constant or first pour only? Tower cooler only chills line to prevent first pour foam issues. If you pour two glasses back to back with both foam you have other issues. Obviously since you have regulator "low as you can" . There are lots of stickied threads you should read throughly first. Draft beer is not flying by the seat of the pants adjustments. There is calculation and balance if you wanna do it right .
    Also wouldn't even to begin to help with out knowing what you got , what your pouring, what temps your pouring, and so on.
    Nice,these are not temporary beer foam can be resolved.

Leave a comment:

• ilovebluemoon
    replied
    did you figure out the foam problem? i have the same keg. Trying to see what I need to change to fix the foam problem. Also do you have the problem with a sticky handle? I'm thinking of changing my faucet. Please advise

Leave a comment:

• KillianBoy
    replied
    kkennedy2427,
    Don't know if you've solved your problem or think all other members are full of it but hope you solved your problems.
    Just thought to let you know other new members have had a problem with foreign regulators that read at 10+ and tank is empty, not sure if this your case but if empty in a few days, you have a high pressure leak.
    KB
    Last edited by KillianBoy; 03-01-2015, 03:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• spdbump
    replied
    As stated it looks like you are out of co2. untap the coupler from the keg and then open, at 18lbs psi you should get a good steady stream of co2. Watch your main pressue gauge (top gauge) it should drop to 0. close tap and watch that gauge again. If it climbs back to 18lbs then you have gas. If you are running with less than 5 ft of 3/16 ths beer line without a stainless steel tube to the faucet then that could be the source of your foam issue. Also check the top seal of the keg and see if there are any chunks missing from it, this could also be causing your issue .

Leave a comment:

• KillianBoy
    replied
    kkennedy2427,
    Thanks for the picture, if you are adjusting the knob in middle of regulator and PSI isn't changing might be CO2 is gone, your high pressure gauge seems a little low, though you still might have some gas left.
    Just disengage tap handle (the handle that is on coupler that goes up and down), by making sure the handle is in up position, the tug on the pressure release valve, you should hear a constant hiss. If a hiss then slowly stops, you need gas and depending on how long it took to kick 1st keg, you have a leak.
    Again don't know what PSI you had on first keg, if you cleaned and DISASSEMBLED faucet or if the probe washer is in place, so don't know what is root of your foam problem, but for sure CO2 is low (which can cause foam), that is why you can't adjust PSI, you also might have a leak (which also can cause foam).
    KB
    No need for a new gauge, a beer line 7+ feet long is preferred (as stated in my thread), if you have beer line shorter than 5 feet, this can cause beer to flow fast which causes foam.
    I have one of these cheap Chinese regulators, turn off CO2 at tank (big wheel full clockwise) try and vent pressure at regulator and see if the low pressure side goes down, if it doesn't move at all, new regulator might be in order.
    Last edited by KillianBoy; 02-11-2015, 01:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kkennedy2427
    replied
    Yeah that's why I have it turned down and it still won't go below the 16-18 psi. How would a new gauge and maybe 5 foot beer line from keg to tower help ?

Leave a comment:

• PointPleasantNJBeerguy
    replied
    Looks like you out of co2 from your picture.Secondary gauge is all the way down. But you are saying you have regulator turned all the way down and its still going no lower than 18lbs regardless?
    If so I would say regulator is shot...

Leave a comment:

• kkennedy2427
    replied
    image.jpg

This is the regulator I currently have on now. I didn't touch the psi from the previous keg which is the main reason I'm clueless as why the foam only started with the second leg I'm currently on now

Leave a comment:

• KillianBoy
    replied
    kkennedy2427,
    I guess some information is better than none, but still can't get a handle on problem or what you did after last keg.
    Unless you post picture of the regulator, bottom of coupler and confirm information asked, NO ONE can help you with anything. Igloo manual is pretty much useless, they show pictures of 2 different regulators. If you are "adjusting" the PSI with the big wheel on tank, you are not adjusting the PSI, unless you post picture of the regulator you do have, I have no idea how to adjust or fix.
    KB

Leave a comment:

• kkennedy2427
    replied
    the psi is high. its reading 18 and i have gauge turned to the lowest. beer flow is good and foam is all white coming out of faucet. but inside fridge in line theres zero foam in line. i didnt have this problem with first keg and didnt touch the psi just unhooked first keg and hooked up second keg same way first keg was hooked up prior.

Leave a comment:

• KillianBoy
    replied
    kkennedy2427,
    Which washers? One between coupler and beer hose (fat one), one between faucet and shank (thin one and not 2nd fat one) and one on bottom of probe between probe and keg.
    Sure video would help but all you need to post is a picture of the bottom of the coupler, as pvs6 says beer is like glue, another member had probe washer come off coupler and attached itself to keg, this will cause massive foam on new keg.
    Video would help pretty much with beer flow, but description is fine, all white, flash of white, how fast, etc.
    And yeah, what was the PSI on previous keg? Is the PSI wavering from day to day without adjustment?
    Please look through my newbie thread, it isn't rocket science but it is science. Every beer needs to be balanced between temperature, v/v and PSI, knowing the v/v and temperature, you can set PSI. This is a rock solid setting, no up or down for flow, if too fast go longer line, but never adjust PSI to alter flow.
    Again temperature of beer (try 2nd and 3rd consecutive glass and difference between both), how flow looks, PSI setting for this and previous keg, and PLEASE confirm you took the faucet apart to 3 separate pieces and cleaned out the 2 air holes.
    KB
    Also why do you feel it isn't reading right?

Leave a comment:

• PointPleasantNJBeerguy
    replied
    couldn't hurt.
    But you never gave an accurate PSI reading to us.

Leave a comment:

• kkennedy2427
    replied
    I checked the tap itself and washers last night and all were still in place and looked fine. Would a video help you guys any more to help identify the issue easier?

Leave a comment:

• KillianBoy
    replied
    kkennedy2427,
    pvs6 brings up a good point, if after doing all said earlier, look at bottom of the coupler, make sure the probe washer is in place (pictures would help).
    KB

Leave a comment:

• pvs6
    replied
    Tried re-tapping yet? When mines stuck I smear Crisco lightly on the tapper gasket it works as well as the expense made for beer packaged stuff and I nor anyone else has detected a taste issue. A week in an uncool environment turns beer to glue, make sure it's turned as far as it will go. Starting out people can make this mistake which will cause the type of constant foam you speak of.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X