Remote foam issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote foam issue

Hello guys. Looking for some help on a foam issue I am having with my remote keg system.

I have had this system for about 3 years upgrading little bits at a time. Not really having any foam issues ever.
    Currently i have a 25 foot remote run from my refrigerator to my bar. It is being cooled by an a/c unit with a pond pump circulating windshield wiper fluid around the lines(homemade trunk line). I currently have a two tap setup.

I just picked up a new half keg of sam adams and i am having some foam issues. I have my regulator set to 12 psi which has been set for over 2 days. The beer temp coming out of the faucet is 39.1 degrees.
    I am getting more then 75 percent foam every pull, even after running a full pitcher. I don't believe it is a temperature issue and the system was cleaned right before adding this keg.

Could it be a bad keg?
    I have also tried my second regular and second coupler and same issue.
    Is it possible their could be getting air into the system?

I tired to give you as much detail as I could. Please let me know what I am missing and I will fill you in.

Thank you,

champ2152,
    Could be bad keg, if you can get something like this:
    404 - File or directory not found.
    You can rule out your system, make sure your gear is clean and parts are where they are supposed to be. If the beer flow is slow and coming out in a ribbon instead of solid flow, check the air holes in faucet.
    KB

Comment

Yes that is something that i can try. It just looks like pure foam coming from the faucet. It seems pretty normal flow. I will check to make sure that it is cleaned. Just weird it would foam with both my couplers and shanks.

Thanks for the input I will try.

Comment

champ2152,
        If solid foam and stream, might be bad keg seal. When you have coupler off check the seal on keg, look for nicks and gouges, check the bottom of the coupler, make sure the probe seal is there on both.
        KB

Comment

If happened right after tapping new keg I would consider F'd keg. Never heard of windshield washer fluid being used..? Maybe solution breaking down? Time to replace?check temps of your bath?
          What I got:
          Beverage Air #BM23
          with a "Sexy" Double Faucet Tower and Celli Eurpean Faucets
          -MM Premium Double Guage Primary Regulator
          -MM Premium 2 Product Secondary Regulator
          -MM S/S Keg Couplers
          YouTube video of the goods

Comment

Thanks for the input I will check the seals. Yea been using windshield wiper fluid for almost a year now its great for cooling and it does not freeze. I have a johnson controller on my bath that controls my A/C unit that cools the fluid so i know the fluid is cooled. I have it down to an exact temp so it matches the keg beer temp.

Comment

If anyone else has any other suggestions that would also be great. Thanks guys for your help.

Comment

You have spare coupler to swap out to try?
                What I got:
                Beverage Air #BM23
                with a "Sexy" Double Faucet Tower and Celli Eurpean Faucets
                -MM Premium Double Guage Primary Regulator
                -MM Premium 2 Product Secondary Regulator
                -MM S/S Keg Couplers
                YouTube video of the goods

Comment

yea i tried another one. I usually have two kegs in the fridge, so i have two set ups but only 1 keg currently. So i tried my other set up, which is a separate coupler and regulator but same issue over 70 percent foam. That's why the only thing I can think of is something with the keg. I check the seal on the keg don't really see any gouges or cuts in the seal.

Thanks guys for the ideas.

Comment

Since it foams on both taps you have confirmed that the keg is defective, exchange it and enjoy a cold one. Also I agree I think washer fluid is a perfect solution. It's cheap and less toxic than stronger constraints of glycol.

Comment

Exactly. That's why i use it. Antifreeze is more expensive and more toxic. Glycol is even more expensive. That's why i chose windshield wiper fluid.

Comment

If it was the keg shouldn't I see foam in the lines after the coupler?

Comment

Weird I don't see that. I am going to check my faucet again.

Comment

Yea cleaned the faucet not that. Got to be the keg. Need to get a new one to test.
                            Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                            X