"Beer glue" sticking taps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Beer glue" sticking taps

I have a keg of yuengling on right now. Didn't have a beer for several days and the tap was sticky and stuck. Pulled hard enough (not hard enough to break anything) and it broke free. Now it seems even if I drink a beer every night the tap is sticky. Once it gets sticky does it stay that way? Or is there something else that is wrong?

Just clean the faucet, I only see this happen in a business where they dont serve a lot of beer. If the stem or plunger has rust build up, use a wire brush to remove it

Comment

Or get a forward closing faucet.
      What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

if you are drawing a beer every night and still have sticking taps, make sure when you clean you are getting the vent holes clear. This will allow those last few drops of beer to drain from the faucet.
        Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
        but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Pour hot water over it
          Colin Harrison
          Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

Thanks. It's not super sticky like that every nigby. it just has the slightest hint of stinking. Warm water over the helps loosen it? I ll have to try that if I run into the situation again

Thanks

Comment

I have the same problem - if we don't use it for a week it's like the faucet is welded shut. I just assumed it's the cheap faucet that was included with my kegerator? How do the forward facing faucets prevent this from happening?

Comment

With a rear closing faucet the mechanism has beer flow over it, and then when you shut it the mechanism is exposed to air. As the beer dries it makes beer glue. With a forward closer there is no mechanism downstream of the shut off, it stays wet at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by wgb113 View Post
                  I have the same problem - if we don't use it for a week it's like the faucet is welded shut. I just assumed it's the cheap faucet that was included with my kegerator? How do the forward facing faucets prevent this from happening?
                  You can use a lighter just run it over faucet for a few seconds to heat up.. Softens the "beer glue"
                  What I got:
                  Beverage Air #BM23
                  with a "Sexy" Double Faucet Tower and Celli Eurpean Faucets
                  -MM Premium Double Guage Primary Regulator
                  -MM Premium 2 Product Secondary Regulator
                  -MM S/S Keg Couplers
                  YouTube video of the goods

Comment

I use a spray bottle with hot water to shoot up the faucet at the end of the day or the next. Never have problems.

Comment

I ended up ordering a couple of Perlicks. Tapping another keg tonight - Ithaca's Flower Power!

Comment

You might want to look into longer beer lines. Forward closers flow faster than rear closers and often so quickly they cause foaming from the turbulence. Longer lines slow the flow.

Great choice of a keg.

Comment

Working...
                        X