Secure air distributor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secure air distributor

hi. i have a brand new beverage air BM23-B. i have a new 3 faucet tower with a taprite regulator with 3-way gas distributor (404 - File or directory not found.).

is it possible to screw the gas distributor to the back of the kegerator? i want to make sure there are no lines running back there.. if someone has done this before to this model kegerator please let me know. thanks again for your time!
    -vin

Pointpleasant will be by to share pictures of his, or you can search for him on here, he has that covered.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

c59,
      Yup, Pointpleasant is the man with BM-23, check his posts, some show his set-up, BM-23 is pretty forgiving as to where to drill just don't overdrill.
      So are you planning on dispensing homebrew or commercial beer?
      KB

Comment

Yes with no issues, do it all the time in my accounts
        Colin Harrison
        Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation

As long as you stay away from the last 3" or so from left inner wall your good.I just run self tapping screws into the back wall.Not sure if you can see in my pic that I didn't screw in my regulator on the bottom left to avoid the lines.You can also look on the back of the unit and notice the filler strip running up the back wall as a gauge of where the power and cooling lines run.
          What I got:
          Beverage Air #BM23
          with a "Sexy" Double Faucet Tower and Celli Eurpean Faucets
          -MM Premium Double Guage Primary Regulator
          -MM Premium 2 Product Secondary Regulator
          -MM S/S Keg Couplers
          YouTube video of the goods

Comment

So far so good...

All... Thanks again for your help on this!! I secured the distributor to the back wall with no issue. The picture helped a lot. Starting a new thread for my beer foam issue.
            -vin

Comment

Originally posted by c59 View Post
              All... Thanks again for your help on this!! I secured the distributor to the back wall with no issue. The picture helped a lot. Starting a new thread for my beer foam issue.
              -vin
              If your having foam problems in a bm23 usually its a balancing issue.Please read the forum on balancing and the 1,000 posts on foam problems.
              What I got:
              Beverage Air #BM23
              -MM S/S Keg Couplers

Comment

all set...

Originally posted by PointPleasantNJBeerguy View Post
                If your having foam problems in a bm23 usually its a balancing issue.Please read the forum on balancing and the 1,000 posts on foam problems.
                i shut the valve leading to the keg and released the gas from that line. dialed the regulator slowly back to 5 psi...turned the gas back on for that keg... waited an hour and it was perfect! thanks again!tap_chomolungma_mm.jpg

Comment

i shut the valve leading to the keg and released the gas from that line. dialed the regulator slowly back to 5 psi...turned the gas back on for that keg... waited an hour and it was perfect! thanks again![ATTACH=CONFIG]2861[/ATTACH]
                  If your running at 5 psi this sounds extremely low psi.You will have a flat keg before you finish. To tune in properly you really need to understand the v/v rates of beers.I would contact Jackie O's for the the proper v/v. I can turn this into a whole paragraph of how to dispense properly.Did you read the foam threads on here??
                  What I got:
                  Beverage Air #BM23
                  -MM S/S Keg Couplers

Comment

for sure, tons of good info in this forum...

yeah... i read through several posts. 5psi is my starting point and working my way up to around 12psi as suggested by jackie-o's brew tech. my concern was getting a base where i have control of the foam and slowly work my way up. i wasnt having any luck finding that base psi when i initially turned this thing on.

the volume of c02 for this beer (Chomolungma) is 2.45 <- (going to post this information in the foam posts soon). thanks again!
                    -vin

Comment

yeah... i read through several posts. 5psi is my starting point and working my way up to around 12psi as suggested by jackie-o's brew tech. my concern was getting a base where i have control of the foam and slowly work my way up. i wasnt having any luck finding that base psi when i initially turned this thing on.

the volume of c02 for this beer (Chomolungma) is 2.45 <- (going to post this information in the foam posts soon). thanks again!
                      -vin
                      Now that you know its 2.45 v/v you need an CALIBRATED digital probe thermometer to take 2nd pour beer temps.
                      Check calibration to 32F in a glass of crushed ice water.
                      Pour one beer dump into a different glass (to drink later)
                      Pour another beer immediately while taking beer temp.(don't touch sides of glass with therm)
                      I'm gonna guess your in the 37-38F range.
                      So that means @2.45 you should be at 37F: 10LB PSI / 38F: 10 3/4-11LB PSI
                      What I got:
                      Beverage Air #BM23
                      -MM S/S Keg Couplers

Comment

Originally posted by PointPleasantNJBeerguy View Post
                        Now that you know its 2.45 v/v you need an CALIBRATED digital probe thermometer to take 2nd pour beer temps.
                        Check calibration to 32F in a glass of crushed ice water.
                        Pour one beer dump into a different glass (to drink later)
                        Pour another beer immediately while taking beer temp.(don't touch sides of glass with therm)
                        I'm gonna guess your in the 37-38F range.
                        So that means @2.45 you should be at 37F: 10LB PSI / 38F: 10 3/4-11LB PSI

thanks again for the info... this really helped. beer is flowing great!

Comment

thanks again for the info... this really helped. beer is flowing great!
                          What I got:
                          Beverage Air #BM23
                          -MM S/S Keg Couplers

Comment

Working...
                          X