Please help! First time owner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help! First time owner!

So we recently purchased a keg and right now we have Psychopathy IPA and we get nothing but foam. What do we need to do to get the beer to pour perfectly?

Read all the other threads about foam. Not being a jerk, but your issue is likely the same as the last 50 threads on foam. The steps you need are outlined in the threads.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

StefenT,
      Where is Siri and Cortana when you need them, those 2 are almost as bad as Robby the Robot "Wild Foam, Will Robinson, Wild Foam" (sorry about the ad lib).
      Won't be as bad as djc, though probably just as irritated, OK, can't solve your problem because I'm not telepathic. By just saying "Foam, foam, I have foam, help me, help me" that I can just wave a wand and solve your problem, it don't work that way, you NEED to provide more information (stuff djc said to look for).
      If you don't want to provide information, fine, I'll go over the 3 main newbie problems (hey maybe search under term "newbie", maybe a member with initials KB started a thread for newbies)
      1) Make sure you have hoses and washers in right place, no extra washer in faucet, gas from side, beer through top

2) PSI set not too high or too low (look through forum on what is right)

3)Make sure keg is acclimated (don't know what that is, read through "resource", then "beer questions" and the "Read before Posting" thread. Also in this section ways to pour and glasses to use (full on or full off, room temperature glasses), also make sure tank and keg are upright

All I ask if you have an "A-HA" moment post back and say sorry I did (blank), thanks or thanks I did this or that, thanks. If you still need help post:
      Make and model (kegerator?, jockey box?, party pump?, other?)
      Brewery (I checked it is "Madtree" don't think v/v posted, email them for v/v)
      PSI
      Modifications made and length of beer line
      and most important calibrated beer temperature, not air temperature, not estimated temperature, not "it's cold enough", cold to the touch or "I think it's enough for me".
      Also how the beer looks like as it flows into glass and if 2nd or 3rd glass, and if foam gets better (or worse) as you pour "consecutive" glasses.
      Thanks
      KB
      Last edited by KillianBoy; 09-25-2014, 09:56 PM. Reason: Because more information needed

Comment

StefenT,
        Sending this out just in case the OP is relying on the auto-notification system and not checking back periodically.
        KB

Comment

Working...
        X