Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foam problem I just can't seem to overcome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

djc,
    Been asked before, OP did mention they were clogged, never confirmed if cleaned, one can assume, same as assuming probe washer (washer at bottom of probe between probe and keg) is in place, same as assuming there is no extra or misplaced washer between shank and faucet, same as assuming beer is still 40 degrees, same as assuming OP is pouring the right way (full on all the time), same as assuming it still is a MM coupler, etc.
    It's easy to blame the keg, but if it is a damaged spear, than it uncovered the hole EXACTLY the same time you changed the tank, either an extreme case of coincidence or it isn't damaged and you replaced a part incorrectly. Not sure if your probe washer is my probe washer and your keg seal is my keg seal, if you are 100% sure it is a bad keg and you did everything right then wait for keg to kick, tap new keg and see. If you still have problems, please post pictures of bottom of coupler and shank-side of faucet so members can confirm you did everything right.
    In about 4 years of doing this, the only part I had to replace on coupler is the keg seal (old one was brittle), the Haier coupler, like all couplers is extremely rugged, I won't say nothing can break it, but not really anything that will cause massive foam (probe in coupler, not much to damage that will cause foam). What will cause foam is mis-matched parts (if you have a MM coupler you need MM parts, if you have a Haier coupler you need Haier parts, etc.
    Don't use hand pump, wait for keg to kick and see what happens.
    KB
    Last edited by KillianBoy; 09-21-2014, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Thought I would give an update.

Keg finally is empty. Noticed that Co2 went up to 20 psi. Not sure if this is normal when a keg empties. If not, I kind of think I need a new regulator so that is what I am doing.

Any suggestions on regulators? I realize that I am on the micromatic website and I am appreciative of them setting this site up. I do purchase things regularly and will continue to do so but I am not sure I want to go with a Chinese made regulator this time around. I also would like a regulator that has a hand adjustable control. In a kegerator with the co2 tank hidden in the back, it is just too difficult to adjust more so when the keg is over 50% full. I wish they would actually make a design change or have a pre-fab regulator with the dials are higher than the keg so I can see more clearly. I have a little shelf in the back but the dials are still too low. I suppose I could build something to raise it up but time isn't always on my side. An app would be cool then I wouldn't need to open the kegerator door!!

thanks everyone for the help.

Again, if you have suggestions on regulators, please let me know.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by johnon View Post
        Thought I would give an update.

Keg finally is empty. Noticed that Co2 went up to 20 psi. Not sure if this is normal when a keg empties. If not, I kind of think I need a new regulator so that is what I am doing.

Any suggestions on regulators? I realize that I am on the micromatic website and I am appreciative of them setting this site up. I do purchase things regularly and will continue to do so but I am not sure I want to go with a Chinese made regulator this time around. I also would like a regulator that has a hand adjustable control. In a kegerator with the co2 tank hidden in the back, it is just too difficult to adjust more so when the keg is over 50% full. I wish they would actually make a design change or have a pre-fab regulator with the dials are higher than the keg so I can see more clearly. I have a little shelf in the back but the dials are still too low. I suppose I could build something to raise it up but time isn't always on my side. An app would be cool then I wouldn't need to open the kegerator door!!

thanks everyone for the help.

Again, if you have suggestions on regulators, please let me know.

thanks
        Micromatics #642 is a nice regulator, especially if you want the knob adjustment.
        What I got:
        Beverage Air #BM23
        with a "Sexy" Double Faucet Tower and Celli Eurpean Faucets
        -MM Premium Double Guage Primary Regulator
        -MM Premium 2 Product Secondary Regulator
        -MM S/S Keg Couplers
        YouTube video of the goods

Comment

johnon,
          I'd go with premium MM whether Chinese or not, I take care of a kegerator that has a Draught Technologies, which is Haier (Chinese), it is definitely crappy, but normally check once after setting to adjust and normally it holds at that PSI. I have seen PSI rise when keg is empty, you don't usually have to adjust after it hits 20, just turn regulator valve off, then tank, then reverse when tapping, it usually goes to the PSI you had before it emptied. I understand it might easier to adjust with hand dial instead of screw but do it before you put keg in and check once to see if it drifts, If it drifts 3+ every time you check then you need a new regulator, just make sure the lock ring is tightened down for now.
          You have Kegco and Taprite, Taprite says it is made in US, I'd go with any one of these that has the hand dial, I do have a premium MM regulator (had a wedding to do and for future kegerator of my own), love everything about it, though it still has a lock ring.
          "I suppose I could build something to raise it up but time isn't always on my side.", you really don't need time, just imagination, you could tape several CD cases together, DVD cases? short CD/DVD tower case (finally remembered cake box)? My quick and easy would be 4 inch PVC, cut 1 inch off and put underneath, hard would be hack saw, easy would be electric saw, maybe check out the scrap section of the maybe something there, maybe an old un-needed VHS tape, no time involved just imagination.
          KB
          Ditto model from PointPleasantNJBeerguy (must learn to type faster)
          Last edited by KillianBoy; 10-07-2014, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X