First pour is fine then all foam....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First pour is fine then all foam....

my Summit EPA starts pouring fine once it sits for awhile but then turns to foam. I swapped couplers, attempted adjusting pressure, and pour temp seems to be fine. I have switched this kegs and still the summit pours poorly while any other beer pours fine on this line. Leads me to believe that it is a problem with the brewer, this is the second keg of beer doing the same thing. Any Ideas out there would be appreciated!

Have you read and understood the threads here about balancing? I'm going to go out on a limb and say no, based on " the temperature seems fine". You need to get the volumes of CO2 for the beer and the exact temperature to allow you to set the proper pressure. Anything short of that and you are guessing. You have been lucky with the other kegs.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

j_shea12,
      Could be 2 bad kegs in a row, could be balance, could be dirty gear, could be old worn out gear, could be faucets, could be too short beer line, etc..etc..etc
      Really can't pin down your problems unless you provide more information:
      Type and brand of system (and faucets, forward or rear sealing), remote dispense?
      Beer line length (which has which length)?
      What beers, v/v?
      Temperature?
      New, used, what new parts, tower cooler?
      Do you have a 2 dispense regulator?
      PSI?
      If you rather not post all this information and figure we are being too harsh, really can't help without more information. Just with information presented, I'd look at the common denominator (was it the same faucet/shank/beer line?).
      KB
      Last edited by KillianBoy; 11-28-2014, 03:28 PM.

Comment

I guess it was the problem with brewer

Comment

Sorry, I did not reply to this one. Yes, It was just the kegs themselves. Seemed very unlikely but everything worked fine everywhere else on the system. I went as far as to hook up one of the kegs to another system in the building and and the same problem....Came to a conclusion of problem with brewer.

Comment

j_shea12,
            Thanks for update, yup best way to check if bad keg, switching lines/faucet/coupler should tell you if keg or beer is at fault.
            KB

Comment

Working...
            X