Normal Behavior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normal Behavior?

So, tapped a new keg yesterday…Warsteiner Premium Verum (pilsner) and last night set the temp and pressure to balance the keg. I observed the pressure a few times and it was all over the place. After the first hour it had dropped to almost 0. Then I set it to 12 psi and later it was closer to 16. Set back to 12 and saw it closer to 14. Set it back to 12 before going to bed, and this morning it was at 12.

So, was this just the keg balancing or what? I have never seen this big variation before. I must admit that the keg had just been delivered to the retailer before i picked it up, and the delivery guy was late delivering. Then a 45 min drive home, so I don't think the keg had a chance to cool down enough from the transit. Usually I pick up the keg, and its been sitting in the retailer's fridge for a day or two.

Dropping to 0 isn't the keg balancing. Sounds like a sticky regulator to me, maybe the adjusting has worked it out.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Originally posted by djc View Post
      Dropping to 0 isn't the keg balancing. Sounds like a sticky regulator to me, maybe the adjusting has worked it out.
      Hmmm, how do you fix sticky regulator?

Comment

They sell rebuild kits for them. I would bet disassembly and checking the diaphragm would be a good first step if you still see fluctuation.
        What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

The next day the PSI had gone up to 20 and so I reset it back to 12. Its been stable for a week now so all is well.
          Tapping beer at home is not an easy task. Every keg has brought some new issue or challenge.But I tell you what, I cant drink bottled beer anymore...Cheers all

Comment

Working...
          X