No announcement yet.

** HELP ** True TDD-4 Kegerator. Wont get below 42*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A HVAC guy should have the general knowledge to do a leak trace.Hopefully he will know how to find a leak with using those leak detection dyes.
    What I got:
    Beverage Air #BM23
    with a "Sexy" Double Faucet Tower and Celli Eurpean Faucets
    -MM Premium Double Guage Primary Regulator
    -MM Premium 2 Product Secondary Regulator
    -MM S/S Keg Couplers
    YouTube video of the goods

Comment

Originally posted by par3me View Post
      Back to the kegerator. Does anyone have suggestions for finding said leak? Would any AC guy work or is there someone that works specifically with commercial kegerstors?

Thanks for all the info gentlemen.
      You mentioned earlier that the evaporator was frosting over. If it freezes to the point where it is not moving air you will not get the cooling you need. That could be due to a couple of different things, it could be a temp control problem or it could indeed be low on refrigerant.

You do indeed have an R12 unit & no you cannot use 134a in it. There are replacement refrigerants for R12 so it is not a death sentence. Take a quick visual check of all the lines that you can see & see if there may be any oil residue. If there is that may be your leak. As PointPleasantNJBeerguy mentioned, the evaporator would be the most likely location of a leak occurring.

If you do get it serviced, find someone that works with those type of units all the time. A simple A/C guy will more than likely take more time than is needed to figure out what is going on & may end up making a bigger problem than you had before. Trust me on this, I have seen it many times.

​THE ICEMAN
      My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
      "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
      -Dave Barry-
      "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
      Strong beer is the milk of the old."
      -Martin Luther-

Comment

Better to call an appliance repair guy than an HVAC guy.
        What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Awesome! That makes a lot of sense and is very helpful. I'm familiar with what a look looks like and I haven't seen any signs of oil even near the evaporator when the unit was off so I feel if I do have a leak it has to be a small one. As far as the evaporator freezing. It's not frozen solid, just has a nice white frost to it. Air seems to be moving around it well.

I did a couple searches for commercial refrigerator repair men but came up short. Is there a specific term or search I could use to find one? How does everyone else or even the bars find people?

Thanks again everyone.

Comment

PM sent.

​THE ICEMAN
            My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
            "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
            -Dave Barry-
            "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
            Strong beer is the milk of the old."
            -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
            X