X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick, cheap, cooling arrangement for Bar-B-Q / Party

Picture = 1,000 words:-
    TempSprKeg.jpg

On a warm day, top of keg can be wrapped with reflective, insulation material.
    e.g. a scrap leftover piece of this stuff:-
    RflctvBbls.JPG

It's a good idea - but it doesn't seem viable for more than an hour or so. The keg will certainly warm up quickly on a hot day - even with the insulating material.

If a cost effective BBQ dispense system is your goal - my suggestion would be a (clean) trash can filled with ice and you could still mount the faucet.

For me, I think the jockey box is the ultimate party portable dispense system, although it does carry a bit of a price tag.

Is this your photo/setup? When you use it, what is the life of the keg from the first pour to empty? What is a 'warm day' as far as actual temperatures?

Comment

Normally, I use a converted fridge, for three kegs, located in the basement;
      but I don't want too much 'boots and shoes' traffic, indoors.
      This is a one off event, outdoors, and it shouldn't be too warm, at Easter, close to the coast of the Bay of Fundy.
      Given the 'one off' nature of the event (though, wife-willing, that may change! ), I needed somethin with little investment cost.
      The garbage can would also work, of course.
      Since the beer is dispensed from the bottom of the keg, it should work, as long as there is ice in the cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by SPotter View Post
        Since the beer is dispensed from the bottom of the keg, it should work, as long as there is ice in the cooler.
        This is what I was thinking. I think your setup will work just fine for a party over a couple of hours.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Working...
        X