Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do I need for a portable C02 system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I need for a portable C02 system?

I have a 10lb C02 tank, a Type-D coupler, the gauges for the tank to the coupler, and I have a keg. Now what kind of tap do I need to use to get the beer out right?

Originally posted by jer2eydevil88 View Post
    I have a 10lb C02 tank, a Type-D coupler, the gauges for the tank to the coupler, and I have a keg. Now what kind of tap do I need to use to get the beer out right?
    That really isn't the question you should be asking. The question you should be asking is: How do I keep the keg cool enough to pour beer without it foaming all over the place?

If you're just looking to go to a party and serve draft beer there's a LOT more to it than you think. Correct CO2 pressure... correct line length... correct line diameter....

But the MOST important thing is temperature... how are you gonna keep that keg at 36-38F?
    Last edited by darck1; 10-26-2006, 01:37 PM.
    "I would kill every person in this room for a drop of sweet beer!" - Homer Simpson

Comment

Micro Matic does offer this type of setup:

An example of CO2 party dispensing is:

Just the upright rod: http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...-pid-JERR.html

But the previous post is correct in how important it is to keep the keg cold. You can either use a tub with ice, or a large trash bag filled with ice. Starting with a cold keg and maintaining that temperature is critical.
      Mike Godwin, Micro Matic USA, Inc. Northridge, CA

Comment

Originally posted by mmwmike View Post
        Micro Matic does offer this type of setup:

An example of CO2 party dispensing is:

Just the upright rod: http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...-pid-JERR.html

But the previous post is correct in how important it is to keep the keg cold. You can either use a tub with ice, or a large trash bag filled with ice. Starting with a cold keg and maintaining that temperature is critical.
        I heard of one person using a big wheelie-bin type garbage can... I wonder if you could put a bunch of ice in one of those and cut a little hole in the top to put your tube and faucet through?
        "I would kill every person in this room for a drop of sweet beer!" - Homer Simpson

Comment

Has conquered resistance.
          Toni James

Comment

Not hard

Its not difficult at all to serve draft beer at a party using co2 if its going to be drank in a few hours. I have a 32 gallon brute trashcan that i can put a keg in with a 40lb bag of ice and serve ice cold beer for a nights party. You dont have to worry about co2 pressure very much at all in this situation because beer isnt going to go flat in 4 hours. If you want this to last multiple days or something than yes you will have to keep a keen eye on temp and pressure. I have a rig for when I have my fraternity over where i took the lid of my trashcan and mounted my old kenmore plastic single faucet tower on and put a small hole in the back of the trashcan for the air line to enter and than just ice the keg and tap it (with a low pro coupler mind u) and have a portable tower system.

To sum it up, 1 night party get some ice and a co2 system and put it to whatever pressure it wont foam and keep it cold. Multiple day party you may want to think about a kegerator or a lot of ice.

Comment

Working...
            X