Advice on jocley boxes for commercial use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on jocley boxes for commercial use

I'm thinking of building a couple jockey boxes, 2 handled, for outdoor commercial use. Here's the details............

1 - Boxes will be in outdoor temp of approx 60 degrees for a few months and maybe 85 degrees for two or three months.
    2 - Beer dispensed will be Bud Light and Stella. It's what the customers want. BL and Stella.
    3 - The plan is probably one bbl of each beer per day.

My questions are..............
    1 - What coil length will be best?
    2 - In the event that either bbl is not used up, can I use it the next day without any issues?
    3 - If I bleed the pressure from a partially used bbl, can I use it up in the next few days after it's been sitting in a cooler unpressurized?

Besides buying a cleaning kit, is there anthing else I need to consider?

Thanks in advance.

ROC
    Last edited by ROC; 10-03-2011, 02:42 PM.

BTW, this is my first thread on this board. I did do a search, but, in all honesty I didn't find what I was looking for.
    At the price it will cost me, I want to make sure I get all the right info and components.

Can't be wasting that beer on foam.

Comment

ROC,
      Look through resource section:
      All About Jockey Boxes
      1 - Boxes will be in outdoor temp of approx 60 degrees for a few months and maybe 85 degrees for two or three months.
      Don't know if this makes any difference, ice is added into box with water, as long as you keep track of ice and water it don't matter if 60 or 100 degrees.
      1 - What coil length will be best?
      depends if you expect constant pouring (like a football stadium) the longer the better, if intermittent usage the short is fine.
      Look through resource section regarding beer storage, but beer needs to be kept cold since unpasteurized, you should ice or use keg jackets while dispensing. If not used up, store beer in ice or refrigerator overnight, should be fine the next day, if you purge, you might have flat beer the next day, but with the high PSI needed on jockey boxes, you might have foam.
      If your worried about cost, look through party dispensing section:

they sell a party faucet that hooks to CO2 source, all you need a large container to hold ice and keg, that way you can do away with jockey boxes, just leave as is overnight with ice, next day you should be good. Call MM and see if they can run that faucet with the turbo tap, they would minimize foam. I'm no commercial pro, just a member trying to point you in the right direction, hope that helps.
      KB
      Last edited by KillianBoy; 10-03-2011, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KillianBoy View Post
        ROC,
        Look through resource section:
        All About Jockey Boxes

Don't know if this makes any difference, ice is added into box with water, as long as you keep track of ice and water it don't matter if 60 or 100 degrees.

depends if you expect constant pouring (like a football stadium) the longer the better, if intermittent usage the short is fine.
        Look through resource section regarding beer storage, but beer needs to be kept cold since unpasteurized, you should ice or use keg jackets while dispensing. If not used up, store beer in ice or refrigerator overnight, should be fine the next day, if you purge, you might have flat beer the next day, but with the high PSI needed on jockey boxes, you might have foam.
        If your worried about cost, look through party dispensing section:
        Beer CO2 Party Dispensing System "D" System
        they sell a party faucet that hooks to CO2 source, all you need a large container to hold ice and keg, that way you can do away with jockey boxes, just leave as is overnight with ice, next day you should be good. Call MM and see if they can run that faucet with the turbo tap, they would minimize foam. I'm no commercial pro, just a member trying to point you in the right direction, hope that helps.
        KB
        LOL, anything helps at this point. I've never used jockey boxes on a regular level before. In my restaurant I have a glycol system and a glycol tech/draft tech available.

Ice and water is no issue. I plan on putting bbl's in a red bucket with ice at the beer stations.
        Walk-in coolers, ice etc are all available and will be used.

Thanks for the heads up

ROC

Comment

just a side note ROC, never vent a keg and leave it....it will go flat. the keg needs pressure to keep the co2 in the beer. i love my jockey boxes but try to keep the lines between the box and kegs insulated with pipe foam, every bit helps. i fill mine with ice over the shanks and then add a gallon of water to keep the plate evenly cooled.

Comment

If you have 30 psi on a keg you absolutely need to vent it before storing for the next day, it will over carb I had it happen to me. Depending on how long you had 30 psi on this keg there should be enough co2 in the beer to fill the head space and not go flat. If your concerned vent and then reapply co2 at normal psi.
            No CRAP! on tap

Comment

Just one peice of advice..... Always run beer through the lines before adding ice and water to the jockey box. If there is any water left over in the lines from cleaning it will freeze and no beer will pour!!!!
              Colin Harrison
              Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

I have actually froze low abv beer by leaving it and not pouring for several hours.
                No CRAP! on tap

Comment

Take a look at a Turbo chill

Comment

Working...
                  X