Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom pontoon boat jockey box setup, input?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom pontoon boat jockey box setup, input?

so I am going to fabricate an insulated keg (1/2 BBL) enclosure with a spot on top for a jockey box. There will be one faucet on the front (standard type location/setup) as well as another line coming out of the bottom of the back which will be run through some PVC down and underneath the boats side rail with a faucet at the end so beer can be dispensed either from on the boat or from in the water while moseying around the party beaches. I am going to be using sheet metal for the enclosure, double walled with isulation in between and enough room for the keg and C02 cylinder inside and on ice. I will use a y-seperator probably a foot or so after the coupler and run equal length of tubing for each faucet so I shouldn't have terrible pressure issues, but my question is really about insulating the rear facing beer line. Should I just run it through the PVC and then stuff insulation around it, or should there be space between the beer line and the PVC? I will have no power available for a fan or anything so I was thinking just stuffing as much insulation as possible in it...Any input is appreciated. Also if you have any other defficiencys to point out you won't hurt my feelings...Thanks!

Sound like a cool set up but it's hard to visualize what your talking about. Will the beer lines be cooled or just the keg? A typical jokey box runs the beer through ss coils. How long of a run will this second tap be? You can insulate the line but it will get warm just not as fast. When the beer gets warm you will get foam. Depending on the length of line you may not mind just dumping a shot of foam from the line and then pour a beer but you may find yourself doing this every beer you pour which could add up. Here is an idea that I dont know will work or not but you can run the line in a large enough pvc pipe that you can fill with ice, insulate the exterior of the pipe so the ice does not melt as fast and then your lines will remain ice cold.
    No CRAP! on tap

Comment

Well, looks like this project is scrapped, not getting the pontoon, now I need to figure out how to get the keg C02 system in a 17.5 foot open bow and for it to be hidden, quite a bit more difficult...

Comment

Hide the a jockey box under a seat.
        Colin Harrison
        Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

i think the pontoon is doable but the bow rider will be harder than you think, not because of room but because of the rough ride a v bottom boat produces. i beleive you will have a problem with shaking the keg and creating endless frustration and expense.

Comment

Take a look at a turboChill. It works great with no need to keep the keg iced down.

Comment

Working...
            X