Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with double gauge 2 keg regulator #642-2

Hello Friends and neighbors,
    Looking for a little direction on the use of the 2 keg regulator as i am not sure i understand the propper useage and i dont want to mess anything up. I bought the #642-2 unit as it was the updated version of the set up that was originally on the jocky box when i found it, although the orginal was red tubuing connected to each keg coupler and joined by a brass T fitting, all of which connected to the CO2 tank with a twist valve and no gauge at all, so having gauges at all was a major improvment, but now that i am looking to use both taps at the same time, and with different beers, i need some help.
    My question is how do i apply the right pressure to each keg independently? do i just open both valves after setting the gauge to 14 lbs, and let it flow as needed? How do i use the system best if one keg needs less pressure than the other?
    am i just plan screwed in trying to use this set up for 2 different kinds of beer?
    All info is greatly appreciated, but again, this is only in reference to the 2 keg regulator (#642-2) on the regulator page.
    rogthecog
    Thank you Lord for this beer we are about to drink. Please keep us safe from the evils that sometime follow beer, and please allow us speedy recoveries from our hang overs.. Amen

My question is how do i apply the right pressure to each keg independently?
    With that regulator you can not adjust the PSI between the two kegs - they can not be independently set unless you purchase an additional regulator. I will post a link at the end of this reply.
    do i just open both valves after setting the gauge to 14 lbs, and let it flow as needed?
    There's no 'correct' way to do this, it's really just preference. My suggestion would be to turn the psi to 0, attach the coupler, open the quick disconnect and then slowly turn the knob until you reached the desired PSI. But you could also adjust the psi, then open the quick disconnect, etc. However, if you ever determine you need to decrease the PSI on the gauge, don't just turn it down the the desired setting. Turn it to a number below the desired setting and then slowly turn it back up.

How do i use the system best if one keg needs less pressure than the other?
    You can't without additional equipment.

am i just plan screwed in trying to use this set up for 2 different kinds of beer?

Luckily, no. With a jockey box there really is no such thing as a balanced system - there is so much friction in the tubing that you have to really crank your psi to compensate. Depending on the length and diameter of your coils, it could be in excess of 25 psi, it won't matter what your v/v is or your beer temperature. Jockey boxes are designed for quick consumption and the keg won't have time to show any ill affects from being unbalanced. If you were to leave this hooked up at 25psi for several days, you would find yourself with a keg of beer champagne.

Beer Regulator - Premium Primary CO2 Regulator Battery Add-On

Comment

Working...
    X