Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Refilling Coors and Miller Home Draft Kegs? Instead of Growler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refilling Coors and Miller Home Draft Kegs? Instead of Growler?

I have a question, as to if anyone on here has come up with a way to refill the home kegs with another type of beer or even the same type say from a keg, and perhaps use a paintball or smaller CO2 canister to keep it pressurized. I can't be the first one to at least think of it, but this could be the next best thing to a Growler....I guess I could force down 16 miller lites before friday, in order to have an empty one to play with....but thought i'd ask on here first.
    Last edited by BIRDMAN; 08-23-2010, 05:36 PM.

Search YouTube and you will find people doing this.
    On Tap: Corny of a Hombrewed American Pale Ale, Corny of Homebrewed Cherry Wheat and Remain of a Miller Lite half tranfered into a Corny! Now an official Homebrewer.

Dead: (7) 1/2's of Miller Lite, (1) 1/2 of Blue Moon (6) 1/6's of Blue Moon, (4) 1/6's of Shocktop (2) 1/6's of Landshark Lager (1) 1/4 Yuengling, (1) 1/6 Victory Summer Love (1) 1/6 of Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale (1) 1/6 Shipyard Prelude.

Comment

My question to you BIRDMAN would be how in the world you clean this used keg before you refill?

Comment

homebrewers do it all of the time now. the miller and coors plastic kegs are actually simplified tap-a-draft kegs (actually, the bottles are the same, the tap is simplified..) cleaning is easy, soaking in warm water with a sanitizer is usually good enough.

the co2 cartridge is standard, and new ones can be inserted into the used tap by unscrewing (by force..) the cartridge holder. a plastic ratchet is supposed to prevent it from being reused, but that's not a problem.

Comment

Working...
        X