Where to order corny's in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to order corny's in Canada

Was just wondering if anyone knows of a place online where I can order a couple of corny kegs from within Canada...searches are limited here as I'm at work
    I've found the majority of the places to order from are from the US and the brokerage fee's and shipping is pretty ridiculous...
    I've checked all the local home brew/wine places as well as the local pepsi distributor and struck out on all of them...Anyone have good luck with anywhere up north here?

Cheers
    Jazzbone

I just received 4 corny's off of eBay yesterday. 4 CORNELIUS KEGS 5 gallon homebrew beer keg soda tank - eBay (item 150369296689 end time Sep-05-09 14:17:08 PDT)

The seller does ship worlwide too. I haven't had a chance to fully examine them so far but so look good.
    RIP - 1/2 Sam Adams, 1/2 O'Doul's, 1/6 Sam Adams Octoberfest, 1/6 Blue Point Octoberfest, Corny keg stout homebrew

On Tap- 1/2 Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA

Comment

OK, I finally got a chance to look at the 4 corny's.

All 4 of them came pressurized which I thought was a little odd. I had to use the release valve before opening any of them.

Other than that they look great. The ones I have must have contained soda because you got a very sweet smell as I was releasing the air.

In about 4 weeks I'll finally be able to pour a batch into a keg for carbing!
      RIP - 1/2 Sam Adams, 1/2 O'Doul's, 1/6 Sam Adams Octoberfest, 1/6 Blue Point Octoberfest, Corny keg stout homebrew

Comment

His price looks decent, but they wanna ding me 80 bucks US for shipping alone...with exchange it'd work out to about 50 bucks per corny...

Jazzbone

Comment

FYI, in the shipping cost calculator input a "1" for a set of 4 kegs. I paid about $118 for the set of 4 corny's including shipping as well as one coupler set.

Comment

Originally posted by cm11599ps View Post
            All 4 of them came pressurized which I thought was a little odd. I had to use the release valve before opening any of them.
            Correct. A reputable dealer will pressure test them before shipping to ensure what they’re sending you will hold pressure and also assures you what you’re received is in operating order.
            Beer - the 5th food group!

Comment

Originally posted by cm11599ps View Post
              FYI, in the shipping cost calculator input a "1" for a set of 4 kegs. I paid about $118 for the set of 4 corny's including shipping as well as one coupler set.
              $118. total bill? Did he forget to charge ya the shipping? either way, ya got a deal...
              "US $74.99 Canada UPS Standard To Canada"

Comment

I take that back. The $118 was the total bill for the 4 kegs and shipping. Add $30 for the coupler set.

In total it was $148 for the 4 kegs, coupler and shipping.

Comment

Jazz, where are ya in canada?

i have a few cornys, not going to give them away though. i'm in victoria.
                  Last edited by OSJ; 11-27-2009, 12:13 PM.

Comment

I'm over in Ontario...Found a place in Toronto that has a good stock of used ones...they weren't cheap but you can deal with them...bought a few of them so I'm good for awhile...

Cheers
                    Jazzbone

Comment

good score, i have 7 of them now, but will use some of them for cleaning cans.

Comment

for kegs, all i can say is shop around. You can first try Princess Auto, they had a bunch, but they've been going quickly. Item # 8258170 is what you're looking for. Other than local homebrew shops(which are ridiculously priced) you're best bet is to wait it out on kijiji. They pop up from time to time.

http://www.duplichecker.com/blog/writingpresentation.php
                        Last edited by Chester33; 01-10-2013, 05:36 AM.

Comment

I bought mine from a local homebrew club which was able to source them in bulk. I paid $25 for a single corney. See if you have any local homebrew clubs around.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

The seller does ship worlwide too. I haven't had a chance to fully examine them so far but so look good.

Comment

Working...
                            X