Whats the story with a Jocky box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the story with a Jocky box?

I have seen these boxes at a bunch of tastings, but I am not that familliar with them. Is it a backup for your kegerator, and/or to take to the music fest? or is it somthing else. Why are they at these aforementioned places, but nowhere else(that I have seen).My best uneducated guess is that they are very portabe, and keep the beer very cold, I am very intrigued by these. any enlightnment would be appreciated!

Take your party on the road. I'm going to build one for my home brew in corny kegs.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

I guess it is much better than a hand pump for "taking the party on the road" I might have to look into one!

Comment

Far better than the hand pump because if you push with co2, you won't have to consume the beer before it goes nasty.
        Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
        but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Perks of the Box

As previously mentioned and first anf foremost, you are pushing with CO2 which is always the better choice. The other thing it does as well is help to by more time the keg can be out and still taste great. Inside the box is either a coil or a cold plate (which sit in ice inside the cooler), when the beer gets pushed through the cooler, it now can be chilled just before the point of dispense which will helps to give you a nice cold beer but as well a Beer - NOT Foam! You also as you have scene can use this type of set up to dispense multiple products next to one another.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Does the keg need to be in a bucket on ice, or does that dependin on how long it is expected to last?

Comment

It's really tough to lug a kegerator around.
              Attached Files
              "If you tap it, they will come."

Comment

Originally posted by CoreyD View Post
                It's really tough to lug a kegerator around.
                Wow....now that's a jockey box. Similar to mine but I love the built in CO2!!!

Comment

Nice looking accident looking to hurt someone, never dispense co2 on its side.
                  L. Tapper

Comment

Accident? I don't think so. I installed anti-siphon tubes inside the cylinders so that when they are laid on their sides it pulls gas not liquid. Standing them up would be a problem.
                    "If you tap it, they will come."

Comment

Working...
                    X